CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss Things done by habit that you have to think about in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Just sitting here and thought of this. New combi boilers. What size cable do you run for them? Been putting them on a thier own separate radial circuit for years but I automatically run 2.5mm but I guess a 1.5mm is fine these days as only a 3amp is needed on the old fuse spur. Anyone else install things out of habit that’s now over kill?

Pete999

-
Arms
Esteemed
Just sitting here and thought of this. New combi boilers. What size cable do you run for them? Been putting them on a thier own separate radial circuit for years but I automatically run 2.5mm but I guess a 1.5mm is fine these days as only a 3amp is needed on the old fuse spur. Anyone else install things out of habit that’s now over kill?
No not really

ferg

-
Arms
Esteemed
I'm the same as you. I wire the circuit in 2.5mm.

TBF I don't keep 1.5 on the van only 1mm, 2.5mm, 6mm and 10mm.

I have 4mm in the shed along with other rarely used cables.

Spoon

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
I always go for Special Fried Rice, carton of curry sauce and a bag of prawn crackers from the Chinese... Does that count?? :)

Welchyboy1

-
Arms
Esteemed
i suppose a 1mm on 6A mcb would also be ok if thats whats you chose to do

i still run a 2.5mm but do so to allow for a possible addition in future(may not be me, but another sparky perhaps)

Pete999

-
Arms
Esteemed
I always go for Special Fried Rice, carton of curry sauce and a bag of prawn crackers from the Chinese... Does that count?? :)
Nah Sweet and Sour chicken balls.

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
SZECHUAN CHICKEN with extra hot chilli sauce and chips., washed down with Theakston's old peculier

Spoon

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
not sure you can run 1mm for a non lighting circuit
You are correct mate.
Min 1.5mm, Non-sheathed and sheathed cables for power circuits. Table 52.3.

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Reply to Things done by habit that you have to think about in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Top Bottom