Discuss Things to look out for when carrying out PIR in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

brizospark

I've been doing PIR's every day for the last 3 months so I thought I would start this thread to see what other sparks would suggest are good things to look out for. Seems to be the same faults on most installations,

the most common ones I discover are-
Switched lives not sleeved brown
Excess copper on meter tails
Fluorescent metal lighting diffusers not earthed

what do the rest of you seem to find a lot of?

Blanks missing on a DB/CU
Broken accessories
Wrongly rated fuses for service
Wronglly sized cartridge fuses
Earths chopped off at Accessories
No labeling/diagrams

But interested in flourescent meatal diffusers and not earthed?

think he means the ones in flush fittings, the clip in diffusers with fly leads.

lol EZZ

3 cores in MCBs
Circuit chat bears no resemblance to whats there
cores not numbered
lives/neutrals/earths not corrosponding
SWA banjos/frying pans not earthed either as group or individualy
general thrown in DBs cables allover the place and looking like a dogs dinner( dont know how to code or put that one on sheet)

should have put 3 cores of differing size in 1MCB
Codes applied to non compliance but you can "Advise" on bad practice issues

should have put 3 cores of differing size in 1MCB
Codes applied to non compliance but you can "Advise" on bad practice issues

I hate to sound pedantic here but the PIR should ONLY raise the non-compliances with BS7671, not personal preference or custom and practice, these should be dealt with in a covering letter.

It's important to get this right here what with 2391-10 students looking in on these threads.

This is made clear on page 8 of the link that I supplied a few posts above.

Reply to Things to look out for when carrying out PIR in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net