Discuss thinking of retraining in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

cheers mate, bit outta my depth here, just thinking i need some sort of skill or trade. Have been doing a bit of property maintenance but am thinking i need a skill for a bit of long term security.

hi, i only started in the electrical trade about 4 years ago and love it. if decode to train avoid these "become an electrician in 4/6/8/10 weeks" or distance learning.

is that right? keeping an open mind at the moemnt, have asked on various forums. family have said they will help me out with any fees etc.

my dad says a career as a sparks will always keep you in work.

Hi & welcome. :)

Hello mate. What do you feel you do well? Hands on type of person? Tools? Good at maths? Good people skills? Where do you excel? Or what are you best at? How much time and money do you have to invest in your future?? Just a couple of questions mate. More I know, better I can help. Been there.

any ideas oon best courses please? know i am late for this year but thinking abbout spring or mext september

Plastering and tiling I think is a good bet.

The sparking trade is tied hand & foot with ridiculous rules & regulations and requirements to join scams that are only interested in taking your hard-earned from you.

In order to comply with the rules regs & scams, you have to charge your customer more money than they are prepared to pay, and this results in you losing the work to "Tommy from the pub who knows about electric". The same can be said about Gas Work too. Both of these trades are now knackered.

You'll find more folk wanting their walls & ceilings skimmed & their kitchens & bathrooms tiled than you'll find folk wanting to pay you to rewire or install heating in their houses.

That's just my view as a happily retired spark & heating engineer.

Reply to thinking of retraining in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock