Discuss This is how it should be in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

my bgb was like that, but got tatty after a couple of years.

Another advantage of this method is that you can replace all of the errors that were released in the corrigendum.

Thought the point of the OSG, was that you could shove it in your tool bag and take it to site with you.

All of those documents and many more fit in my pocket and can be accessed at anytime. Provided that my phone is charged.

Personally, I would prefer rid of the printed book and get a cheaper monthly / annual subscription - download. Updates can then be pretty slick and no need to buy the book. Viewable on phone / tablet / desktop. Saying that... would still buy a printed OSG. Printed 7671 provided by exam centres for the exam. I can already do this BUT have to buy the printed book as well.

Personally, I would prefer rid of the printed book and get a cheaper monthly / annual subscription - download. Updates can then be pretty slick and no need to buy the book. Viewable on phone / tablet / desktop. Saying that... would still buy a printed OSG. Printed 7671 provided by exam centres for the exam. I can already do this BUT have to buy the printed book as well.

You can get the BS7671 & on site guide in a digital format, I think I paid £79.99 last year for an annual subscription for the 17th, then I got the 18th as soon as it came out.

You can get the BS7671 & on site guide in a digital format, I think I paid £79.99 last year for an annual subscription for the 17th, then I got the 18th as soon as it came out.
I worked with someone who was doing the Initial Verification on a power station we were constructing.
He supposedly had a subscription which gave him the Regs, OSG and all the GNs.
He could never seem to get a signal or have enough charge in his phone to access anything.

That's funny! Didn't realise that. I assumed it was a download that verified subscription - not that you had to be online! Like Office 365, I don't have to be online to use it.

You can download as much as you want to a tablet or laptop but if you don’t then you will rely on a signal. You buy a tablet with big enough storage and upgrade from a ZX81 probably!

That's funny! Didn't realise that. I assumed it was a download that verified subscription - not that you had to be online! Like Office 365, I don't have to be online to use it.

Yes, it downloads to your tablet/phone, so you can access it wherever or wherever you are.

Reply to This is how it should be in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock