Discuss This is how it should be in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Zdb

0.00000000000000001Ω
All in the same place and all free :D

20190209_184152.jpg 20190209_184208.jpg 20190209_184225.jpg 20190209_184242.jpg 20190209_184303.jpg

Found these photos on Google image. I definitely wouldn't break the law in this manor.

telectrix

Disrespected Scouser
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
my bgb was like that, but got tatty after a couple of years.

D

Deleted member 26818

Thought the point of the OSG, was that you could shove it in your tool bag and take it to site with you.

Reactions: DPG
OP
Zdb

Zdb

0.00000000000000001Ω
Another advantage of this method is that you can replace all of the errors that were released in the corrigendum.

OP
Zdb

Zdb

0.00000000000000001Ω
Thought the point of the OSG, was that you could shove it in your tool bag and take it to site with you.
All of those documents and many more fit in my pocket and can be accessed at anytime. Provided that my phone is charged.

DefyG

Regular EF Member
Agreed!
the clue is in the heading - 'On Site - Guide', it is meant to be taken to and used On Site, not stuffed in a filing cabinet/system somewhere.

l4urence

Regular EF Member
Personally, I would prefer rid of the printed book and get a cheaper monthly / annual subscription - download. Updates can then be pretty slick and no need to buy the book. Viewable on phone / tablet / desktop. Saying that... would still buy a printed OSG. Printed 7671 provided by exam centres for the exam. I can already do this BUT have to buy the printed book as well.

Fitzy

Newly Qualified Sparky
Electrician's Arms
Personally, I would prefer rid of the printed book and get a cheaper monthly / annual subscription - download. Updates can then be pretty slick and no need to buy the book. Viewable on phone / tablet / desktop. Saying that... would still buy a printed OSG. Printed 7671 provided by exam centres for the exam. I can already do this BUT have to buy the printed book as well.
You can get the BS7671 & on site guide in a digital format, I think I paid £79.99 last year for an annual subscription for the 17th, then I got the 18th as soon as it came out.

D

Deleted member 26818

You can get the BS7671 & on site guide in a digital format, I think I paid £79.99 last year for an annual subscription for the 17th, then I got the 18th as soon as it came out.
I worked with someone who was doing the Initial Verification on a power station we were constructing.
He supposedly had a subscription which gave him the Regs, OSG and all the GNs.
He could never seem to get a signal or have enough charge in his phone to access anything.

l4urence

Regular EF Member
That's funny! Didn't realise that. I assumed it was a download that verified subscription - not that you had to be online! Like Office 365, I don't have to be online to use it.

Rpa07

4000 posts - only 54195 behind Telectrix!
Electrician's Arms
You can download as much as you want to a tablet or laptop but if you don’t then you will rely on a signal. You buy a tablet with big enough storage and upgrade from a ZX81 probably!

Fitzy

Newly Qualified Sparky
Electrician's Arms
That's funny! Didn't realise that. I assumed it was a download that verified subscription - not that you had to be online! Like Office 365, I don't have to be online to use it.
Yes, it downloads to your tablet/phone, so you can access it wherever or wherever you are.

Electrician Talk

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.