Discuss This job never stops amazing - bodgit DB cover!!!!! in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Darkwood

Staff member
Mod
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
A nice precision made Distribution cover... 10/10 for creativity found while moving a customer to new premises.Inventive DB cover.png

Attachments

• insulated DB cover.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 321
Last edited:
it's good that your electrical skills are better than your photography. LOL.

Crap camera it been through the works and isn't as sharp as it used to be but was a good photo snapper in its days ... its a galaxy II got a galaxy 4 on its way soon.

Ps added new photo to OP

Its that rigid plastic sheeting with hollow squared shaped lattice down the center ... the stuff they sometimes replace smashed bog windows with on the cheap.

Ahhhh thats a great cover!

When I was in spain last year I was browsing a shop, Anyways I had to take a step back to let someone past and whacked my elbow off something hard and sharp.
Imagine my surprise/shock when I turned round to see this!

http://i676.photobucket.com/albums/...5E463F4-5045-00000BD72FAA2D68_zps4bd0bbe7.jpg

The worst of it all was on the left you can see a rack for crisps and just off the pic to the right was a rack for kiddies sweets!
Oh and it was only about 3ft off the ground.....

:(

When I was in spain last year I was browsing a shop, Anyways I had to take a step back to let someone past and whacked my elbow off something hard and sharp.

http://i676.photobucket.com/albums/...5E463F4-5045-00000BD72FAA2D68_zps4bd0bbe7.jpg

The worst of it all was on the left you can see a rack for crisps and just off the pic to the right was a rack for kiddies sweets!

That's quite a tidy looking job.

It would be a shame to hide it behind a cover .............

I can beat that went to a shop where lighting kept tripping was wired to 16th so no rcd cover took a while but eventually found a similar metal crisp box stand for customers and kids alike to pick out at but the frame was live and was only fitted a week earlier 'coincidence'! NOT!!!! it had been screwed in the corner of 2 walls straight through a lighting cable ... cable well within zone... can't figure how no-one get a belt :whatchutalkingabout

I can beat that went to a shop where lighting kept tripping was wired to 16th so no rcd cover took a while but eventually found a similar metal crisp box stand for customers and kids alike to pick out at but the frame was live and was only fitted a week earlier 'coincidence'! NOT!!!! it had been screwed in the corner of 2 walls straight through a lighting cable ... cable well within zone... can't figure how no-one get a belt :whatchutalkingabout

That is pretty impressive lol

Some things beggar belief.

This is a good example for why fitting RCDs on all circuits buried in wall is a good idea

i can hear their insurance companies lawyer drooling all the way over here in the US. from that pic

Don't see what your problem is, it looks like the magic RCDs are all present. :)

Don't see what your problem is, it looks like the magic RCDs are all present. :)

But do they work....
Dont know if they had even been tested seen as the sticker that you would normally write it on would of been on the missing cover LOL

In retrospect maybe I should of jabbed a pinky in and got some compo? :eek: (Joking :p)

Reply to This job never stops amazing - bodgit DB cover!!!!! in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net