Discuss Thought i would share what elecsa said in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

In the building regulations a "dwelling" is classed differently from an "institution" and Part P AP states that it applies to dwellings (or shared areas in blocks of flats, shared business/ dwelling supplies, etc.) but does not mention institutions.
Therefore since an institution is not a dwelling then it must not be under Part P.

In the building regulations a "dwelling" is classed differently from an "institution" and Part P AP states that it applies to dwellings (or shared areas in blocks of flats, shared business/ dwelling supplies, etc.) but does not mention institutions.
Therefore since an institution is not a dwelling then it must not be under Part P.

Great Point. Thanks. i feel better again now....still Guitarist had point in saying it aint until things go wrong (which of course i hope wouldnt) that then they say "oh why werent it notified". then they start playing with words to cover someones backside

Glad it helped, I am also "playing with words" but since it is compliance with the building regulations and it is the definitions stated in the regulations it should be pretty iron clad for you if something should go wrong, which one hopes it will not.
Those who start asking after the fact can usually twist things the way they want, you just have to be confident that you are doing the right thing, which I think you are, but it is only my opinion (which does not count for much!)

In the OP you state that you are using rcbo's for given reasons................so if you notify it or not what is the difference if you notify it or not with regards to Part P other than the certificate that will be delivered at a price? Certainly no safety issue if it is installed correctly 'as I am sure that it will be'.

Just because it has a Part P listing does not mean automatically that it has been installed correctly from what I have seen in the past.

If the install fulfills the criteria of Part P why not just notify it to cover your --- for a few quid..........JMO

Reply to Thought i would share what elecsa said in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net