Discuss Thoughts on this cut-out in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

timhoward

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
Just wondered what others think about this one.
From my pov at least incoming meter tails need changing. Single insulated and probably under sized.
2618AA06-7D88-4D64-9860-F62A7E53C1DA.jpeg

9C765D92-1B48-4CD7-A4D9-1AF5E533F0E2.jpeg

I think the head is very nice and the Aeroflex cutout quite rare at least in this neck of the woods. Save it if you can. The porcelain bushings would have slotted into the underside of the original cast-iron fuses.

The tails are not necessarily single-insulated. There used to be red and black sheathed tails just as there are brown and blue now.

Thanks, I'll have another look, the bottom of the red tail looked tiny in real life and my gut reaction was that it couldn't be double insulated. It seems to have grown on the photo...!
I'd not seen a quite head like that before in a domestic in this area. I don't see any reason that it isn't fit for continued use but thought it was worth seeking the wisdom of the forum.

Probably worth contacting the DNO, and if you can sending pictures in, so they can decide if they want to do anything about it.

In my experience with UKPN, unless there is anything obviously wrong or signs of heat damage they will likely give it a very low priority and nothing will happen anytime soon.

Guess you could go to the energy supply about meter tails, but again I imagine you will end up running around with little to any result...

Reply to Thoughts on this cut-out in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Looks very strange to me. Obviously had a new fuse carrier fitted to it at one point but the two cables on the left go to the meter as normal...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I am installing some metal trunking vertically in a meter cupboard to contain all the meter tails for an apartment block. I have 5 sets...
Replies
Views
So this is 1st floor maisonnette with concrete floor, 16mm2 single insulated tails coming from dual cut out on ground floor, through steel...
Replies
Views
Quick question. I want to put an isolating 2p switch on my incoming supply from the meter to the board. I want this to allow easier board changes...
Replies
Views
I am planning to go semi off grid with a victron and battery system. The system will be installed in an out building about 20 meters away from...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock