Discuss Thoughts on this? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

a bit like my school reports... "could do better".
My last report said, I would never amount to anything useful. mind you the Bloke that penned the report was nothing write home about, nothing but a Bully, liked to beat small School boys.

I guess it's clear enough what does what, but using Wagos without a suitable "box" is just being lazy...I hate to see such mess, with cables all over the place...tells me that the installer doesn't give a fk
[automerge]1591974224[/automerge]
I was at a similar school, Pete...bullies with no teaching talent...the PE teacher was ex-military and hit boys for fun...sadist!
I won't tell you what we did to his car on the last day of school...

I guess it's clear enough what does what, but using Wagos without a suitable "box" is just being lazy...I hate to see such mess, with cables all over the place...tells me that the installer doesn't give a fk
[automerge]1591974224[/automerge]
I was at a similar school, Pete...bullies with no teaching talent...the PE teacher was ex-military and hit boys for fun...sadist!
I won't tell you what we did to his car on the last day of school...
This particular Master was a right bully, took great delight in mental and physical abuse, that was until one of the older and bigger pupils decided he had seen and had enough, and gave him a right seeing too, pity he was expelled, turned out a county rugby player, England prospect, would liked to have seen him with a England jersey playing Wales, this Master was a Welshman, would have been blood everywhere, glad to called him a friend, don't know what would have happened if I told him I thought he was a thug, still used to see him before I moved to N/ton.

Last edited:
Its basically unfinnished work.
Bullying by school teachers seemed to be quite common back in the sixties.
I had a physics master who made me stand in front of the class and positioned my arms in the shape of a teapot, then because I and the rest of the class were laughing so much he chose to pin me against the door.
With hindsight, he was having a nervous breakdown and just happened to catch him at his worst moment. Thankfully,I passed physics 'O' level without further help from him.

I suppose the good thing is that wagos came on to the market. It does at least mean when this sort of work is done it is safer than just chockblocks. That is assuming he checked that the wires were up into the wagos properly. Given the lack of attention to detail it is quite likely there will be some loose connections.

Atleast their progressing to wagos instead of connector blocks.
You can report him to checkatrade. if you have valid information on a member they will remove them from the site unlike some websites... guy needs stopping as that is ---- poor.
What the bully Master, or the idiot that did the taping up, I'm joking Mate.

The ‘installation’ belongs to some friends. They have raised the issue with Checkatrade and asked if I could comment on the issues. I would love to but do not class myself as an experienced spark with the experience or expertise to pass expert opinion.
I could go through the BBB and list obvious breaches. 522.8.4 , 522.8.5. Lack of enclosures and sheathing of cpc etc.

The ‘installation’ belongs to some friends. They have raised the issue with Checkatrade and asked if I could comment on the issues. I would love to but do not class myself as an experienced spark with the experience or expertise to pass expert opinion.
I could go through the BBB and list obvious breaches. 522.8.4 , 522.8.5. Lack of enclosures and sheathing of cpc etc.
They've raised the issue, not you and it certainly needs addressing. You can give them advice, as you're thinking, but be careful of getting involved, alone. Is there no one local, with experience and confidence for a bit of backing... off here, maybe?

Reply to Thoughts on this? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net