Discuss Thoughts please ?? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Assuming no faults are found, test first obviously that is minimum 12 hours work. Any single fault add one to two hours.

Assuming no faults are found, test first obviously that is minimum 12 hours work. Any single fault add one to two hours.
Theyre just a bunch of rear ends mate clearly trying it on with me as i am a newbie at the firm too many wannabe gaffas getting paid to sit in a warm office and give out orders and talk down to you theyre not worth my experience. No work boots provided not even an allowance, no overtime rate overtine is at normal time provided all my own tools and power tools get this for their apprenrices to use and abuse who will replace them if they stop working ? Absoloute joke and companys cant understand why they cant keep good honest folk

Theyre just a bunch of rear ends mate clearly trying it on with me as i am a newbie at the firm too many wannabe gaffas getting paid to sit in a warm office and give out orders and talk down to you theyre not worth my experience. No work boots provided not even an allowance, no overtime rate overtine is at normal time provided all my own tools and power tools get this for their apprenrices to use and abuse who will replace them if they stop working ? Absoloute joke and companys cant understand why they cant keep good honest folk

I'd be looking for another job if I was you mate.

Are you directly employed because if you are providing PPE to employees is a legal requirement.

Par for the course in many cases Mate, unfortunately, want something for no outlay, no H&S, nothing disgraceful. Work on the cheap.

I'm not sure it is par for the course, most companies understand their obligations toward their employees. In the OPs case he needs to speak to his superiors and explain he feels they are setting an unrealistic time scale for this job. If they disagree then you have at least made the point, start the job and it takes you as long as it takes.

Don’t you wish you could name and shame on the forum to warn other sparks about being employed by them.

DONT mention their name. Dan will get sued.:eek:

Was sent out to a 2 bed flat by my employer to change 90% of wiring accesories and carry out trunking work etc tidy up existing installation also change C/U and carry out a full test. Upon arrival the wiring was a mess old tin plated cable with all circuits needed to be extending into new board. I was given from 2 o clock to carry out all this work and investigate any possible faults and to identify which circuit went where etc. To my understanding they should have provided me with the most recent eicr recomending the improvements atleast making it more effiecient for me rather than struggling to identify circuits. Once the work had been done then issue a EIC to client. I think the company are chancing and expecting miracles given the time and workload thoughs please
How experienced are you?

Smells to me like they're betting on you not completing all the work, issuing a cert and hoping it lasts., saying you've done it all out of some fear of not being quick enough.

Have they suggested a more competent spark would manage it?

How experienced are you?

Smells to me like they're betting on you not completing all the work, issuing a cert and hoping it lasts., saying you've done it all out of some fear of not being quick enough.

Have they suggested a more competent spark would manage it?
I have been working nows as a spark for around 10 years and have worked in all aspects of the industry fron domestic to industrial and have alot of knowledge or atleast i think i have i hold all relevant credentials and i am approved, they havent suggested anything about competency as i could run rings around the domestic sparks there i just think theyre expecting to much of me and i am keen concious about my work and walking away from a bad job especially as the property is a rented one so the council who did the eicr before hand should have picked up on the state of the wiring and ordered a re wire if you ask me as i wouldnt sign my name given the condition of the property

I have been working nows as a spark for around 10 years and have worked in all aspects of the industry fron domestic to industrial and have alot of knowledge or atleast i think i have i hold all relevant credentials and i am approved, they havent suggested anything about competency as i could run rings around the domestic sparks there i just think theyre expecting to much of me and i am keen concious about my work and walking away from a bad job especially as the property is a rented one so the council who did the eicr before hand should have picked up on the state of the wiring and ordered a re wire if you ask me as i wouldnt sign my name given the condition of the property
Wasn't casting doubt on you, I've just seen this ploy used before as a means to get work signed off but not done, and if found out all blame gets laid at the feet of the inexperienced spark.

Wasn't casting doubt on you, I've just seen this ploy used before as a means to get work signed off but not done, and if found out all blame gets laid at the feet of the inexperienced spark.
I just feel as though theyre adding more pressure pestering me as to my producitivity which creates more stress which is not good for your health and mistakes happen when rushing around like a blue arsed fly to my knowledge theres been a high turn around of electricians which leads to one suspicion

I just feel as though theyre adding more pressure pestering me as to my producitivity which creates more stress which is not good for your health and mistakes happen when rushing around like a blue arsed fly to my knowledge theres been a high turn around of electricians which leads to one suspicion
There is eyesight in it , they can only do the circuit once. They may eventually get All the type of people they want . Thankfully you are not one of them.

Reply to Thoughts please ?? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net