Discuss Thursday in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

I'm going to be watching it pretty closely, I have to say that I'm finding the no campaign increasingly ridiculous.
You have politicians pretty much admitting that the people of Scotland have been getting shafted for years but promising them that if they vote the way they want them to they'll give them some of what they want (also known as not shafting them so much?)
You then have them trotting out Bob Geldof, an Irish man, to speak in London about how the people of Scotland should stick with the rest of the UK.
I hope it's a no on Thursday but the way this is going I can't see it happening.

I'm going to be watching it pretty closely, I have to say that I'm finding the no campaign increasingly ridiculous.
You have politicians pretty much admitting that the people of Scotland have been getting shafted for years but promising them that if they vote the way they want them to they'll give them some of what they want (also known as not shafting them so much?)
You then have them trotting out Bob Geldof, an Irish man, to speak in London about how the people of Scotland should stick with the rest of the UK.
I hope it's a no on Thursday but the way this is going I can't see it happening.

They're both fooked up.
The Yes vote is based on a fairy tale. I've read on other places, people who've studied the 'White Paper' HARD, pro indy types, they admit it has no substance.
I've got a slight sympathy for independence, as my old man's GGF was Scottish, but I'm a NO.
Yes is going to seriously ---- up A LOT of peoples lives.

The scary thing is, it's not a vote for a few years, vote em out 5 years later, this one's for life!

I think there are far too many un answered questions for a yes to be a good move. But the no campaign just keeps on shooting itself in the foot to me.
A rally in London? What the hell is that all about? Shouldn't they be north of the border trying to get their message across?
Nick Clegg has signed a vow to the people of Scotland. Oh well, it's not like he's ever gone back on a written promise is it? Ahh.....hang on a minute...
David bloody Beckham spouting off about the better together campaign? Come on, when did he start to be a political expert? It'll be a pretty sad day when he becomes the voice of reasoned debate.
George Galloway likening the yes campaign to Hitler?
Honestly, you couldn't make this stuff up.

I think there are far too many un answered questions for a yes to be a good move.

Exactly, and Potatohead and his fishy bird can't give any answers. Stop bullying them Trev!

I heard recently that the NE was offered some kind of government and you said no, ''There's too many politicians as it is'!!!!
I tend to agree with you.

Exactly, and Potatohead and his fishy bird can't give any answers. Stop bullying them Trev!

I heard recently that the NE was offered some kind of government and you said no, ''There's too many politicians as it is'!!!!
I tend to agree with you.
That was exactly my view mate, the proposed regional assembly would have been just another layer of bureaucracy with no powers. Had it been something meaningful then I'd have gone for it. I can understand people wanting to be ruled by themselves but can't help feeling that this whole thing is going to end in tears.

I'm not going to stay up, and more to the point I'm really annoyed with Cameron, Clegg and Milliband for offering a "bribe" of more powers - I think the rUK need a say on that!

If they decide to stay, I'd like to see immediate action from the Government to pass a bill to "ban" Scottish MP's voting on matters that don't affect them.

Just remember that Tony Blair couldn't have got tuition fees through the House of Commons for the rUK students without the votes of the Scottish MP's

Personally I'd like to see the rest of the UK seperate itself from London,a lot of money taken from the rest of the uk gets spent there.Anything happening in london is taken as urgent while the rest is left to rot,take the recent floods for example,certain parts of the country were under several feet of water for many weeks yet the government did nothing,yet massive plans were put into place to protect London.Same thing with any big event,it always happens in London,they say the whole country benefits but I don't believe this,when people spend money in an area they visit the majority of benefit goes in that area,London won't have any of the so called "dirty" industries,like chemicals,heavy manufacturing etc but they want all the high earning "clean" industries such as banking and finance.Let london go out on it's own and see how far they get without all the money they bleed from the rest of the uk for their self agrandisement.

Aye Phil, let's cut the buggers off and move the capital right slap bang in the middle of the country. Problem is, I don't want any of these people anywhere near me, do you?

Aye Phil, let's cut the buggers off and move the capital right slap bang in the middle of the country. Problem is, I don't want any of these people anywhere near me, do you?

If we keep the "buggers" then the middle of the Country would be in your neck of the woods? I'm sure you'd like Dave, Nick and Ed as drinking buddies!!

If Scotland was already independent and the vote was to join the uk so we could share all the oil money and our rich export markets so we could share it all with London and the greed of the south east so we could share it all with the welsh who offer hee haw. Would ah bollox!!

Regardless of the way it goes on Thursday one thing for sure is the media will be handed their arse on a plate from the Scottish people.
it has become very clear that the government ,BBC, print media,radio are all very much " in it together"
a nice example is a picture of about 15 yes people standing outside a shop in Buchanan street Glasgow from the BBC.
if the lensman had turned around he would have seen the whole of Buchanan street jammed from arsehole to elbow from the top to the bottom with yes supporters.
oh and 2000 people demonstrated outside the BBC to voice their disgust at the lack of impartiality shown.
The no campaign has been too negative from the start , scaring people isn't going to work.
the no can't tell what powers the will " bestow" on us until after the referendum .why not?
getting some fraudster from deutsche bank to tell us we will be in another Great Depression is hardly the work of a positive campaign is it.

If you get independence lads and Salmond makes us remove all weapons systems from Scotland would that make you in the eyes of what is left of the UK a hostile country? Would you be in Nato, would you be in the EU, would you be a passport entry level country due to the hostility, lots to answer for salmond IMO.

What hostility?
lots of questions for the British government as well to answer.
its in nobodies interest for a bitter divorce after all it might be a no vote

Reply to Thursday in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net