Discuss TIC/DNC again....advice please in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Guys,

Any help/advice appreciated. Based on the below, would you advise that the TIC is 9.8kWp and DNC is approx 9.30kW?

40 off 245W split across 3 single-phase inverters, each one capped at 16A on the output, approx 97% efficient.
Pretty much due South, 30degree inclination, approx 900kWh/m2 (not from PVGIS)

Thanks in advance...

I would say that the TIC is 9.8KW and the DNC is the same.
As you are using 3x G83 inverters these will be capped at 3.68 which would be over 9.8KW so the panels are TIC and DNC.
This is a very grey area, but to stay on the safe side always use the panels as the TIC and DNC, even though the inverter could be capped and is part of the complete system so technically the TIC and DNC could be different.
You have to convince the DNO'S, the FIT provider, and MCS/OFGEM, same hymn sheet, different songs...
As to using % efficiency for your figures, I would not think that is a good idea.
All of the above is my opinion of the rules but I hope it helps.

40x245=9,800
230x16x3=11,040
So as others have said, the panels are the limit on output and I would simply declare 9.8kW as TIC/DNC.
There is no need to make it more complex than that in order to creep under a tariff boundary.
So just keep it simple so as not to confuse the FIT supplier!
Regards
Bruce

Reply to TIC/DNC again....advice please in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net