Discuss Time for a new tester - Metrel 3152 XC? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

rolyberkin

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Going to buy a new tester, would prefer it to have an earth stake test function, currently use an older style Metrel Easitest. Does anyone have the Metrel 3152 XC with software, is the software easy to use and can you easily? prodice certificates from it? Are any other manufacturers software packages and ability to save test results any good?

The Kewtech KT65DL has an earth electrode setting and has a memory function too.

meggers ain't cheap,but i would not have anything else.(only the best nicked gear for a dedicated Scouser ).:oops::oops::oops:.

Have had the Metrel Easitest MI3000 for about 4 years now. Its been a great bit of kit, but the test button is occasionally non-responsive, and its also in need of calibration.
I have just purchased the Megger 1711 (the most basic) it doesn't do phase rotation, the Metrel does. It doesn't have rechargeable batteries, the Metrel does, and its only for 240V working. It seems a lot easier to use, and has some nice features, like the two lead no trip test plus its calibrated and has a 3 year warranty.
Time will tell if its as good as its reported.

I bought the Megger 1730 7 years ago. Great piece of kit. But been back to Megger twice to get fixed :rolleyes:. Point to note, I was told by forum sponsor, if they couldn't fix it, it would have to go back to Megger. Does Metrel have a UK base?

Do like that touch colour screen mind. More things to go wrong?

The Megger software was ****.

I have been using a second hand Metrel Easitest for about four years now and to be honest it hasn't missed a beat and has done me proud, I am tempted to stay with Metrel but the chap who calibrated my tester today was pointing me in the direction of Fluke. I suppose it is down to personal choice.

Reply to Time for a new tester - Metrel 3152 XC? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock