Discuss Time to change careers in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

mikeyp

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi there,

Im 30 and looking for a change in career so any advice would be greatly appreciated. In 1999 I joined the RAF as an aircraft technician but was medically discharged in 2004, in a rush to find a job I fell into the motor trade and started selling cars until Dec 2008. Wanting to get my hands dirty again I took a job as a workshop fitter for a plant hire company and although this is ok its not a career.

Out of all the trades being an electrician appeals the most having done very basic electrics in two of my roles. I am looking to enrol on an evening class in September to start a City and Guilds in Electrical Installation. Would this be the right start? Im struggling to get any careers advice on the best way to start. Im concious that I will be 34 by the time I have passed the exams, would this hold me back in looking for work with no experience?

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Reply to Time to change careers in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Top Bottom