Discuss timeclock for a shower? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

Kev2632

Is it possible to get the shower on a timeclock for certains lengths of times,

Its for the children because they always have really long showers, haha, so trying to cut it down with a timeclock,

would it go through a 40amp contactor, and then use the timeclock/timeswitch to switch the coil??

what kind of timeclock, would you recommend ?

Its not the best idea to switch a domestic shower using its supply or it may burn out the shower damaging its components, most now have a slow shut down when you press off which stops it being full of hot water when turned off.
a coin meter/timer could be used but is only recommended on a commercial design product.

Have a look at this

I know its from B&Q but might be an idea - have the switch outside the bathroom so they have to get out to turn it back on

You will also have to check the max current rating as well to make sure it can handle upto 50A

Just been looking its a 16A unit for lights to make sure they are not on to long - dont know if you could incorporated a relay into it

Search for: [h=1]Outdoor 3 Wire Touch Activated Timer[/h]
in B&Q - £45

Just been looking its a 16A unit for lights to make sure they are not on to long - dont know if you could incorporated a relay into it

Search for: Outdoor 3 Wire Touch Activated Timer

in B&Q - £45

Yea but if i was to use something like that for switching the coil of the contactor that would work ok though yea ?

yea but doesnt work, im afraid, so im just scheming something like this, would that kind off switch be ok for that setup, as its only switching the coil of the contactor and not the full load???

My oldest is in the shower for 30 mins at at a time with my combi roaring it's head off for all the time.it really ticks me off.after finding him lying in the bottom of the enclosure like the terminator drinking a can of coke? I turned the boiler off at the spur! It's not as if they do any work to get dirty anyway.must b something in the teenage genetic code.

If the timerswitch is rated too 16amps, that would be sufficient enough for the control of the coil on the contactor for the shower yea???

If you use something like a time lag switch or an immersion booster switch, what's to stop your kids getting out of the shower and resetting it?

Time Lag switches/immersion boosters will control a contactor without problem. Where you site the controls and gear is a different issue. No one needs to shower for more than 15mins though!!!

Timeguard Run Back Timer c/w Boost| MeteorElectrical.com
Columbus Time Lag Switch 0-20MIN| MeteorElectrical.com

yea,so basically there isnt a issue with the current being used for controlling the coil then yea?? am I right in saying that???

If the timerswitch is rated too 16amps, that would be sufficient enough for the control of the coil on the contactor for the shower yea???
Spur the controls off the lighting circuit, label the contactor enclosure for 2 different supplies present.

Reply to timeclock for a shower? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net