Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss Timer and contactor wiring help in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

I’m installing 5 downlights and 20 x 6W garden spike lights and I haven’t done much timer/ contactor wiring and I was wondering if this diagram was correct.
The lights will only come on from 5:00pm until 10:00pm

Cheers.

86040187-AAD3-43E8-8B64-8475922DC879.jpeg

Last edited:
Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
where is N to load???

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
looks good to me. maybe add a photo cell to the outside lights, so they only come on when the daylight fades.

Spoon

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
I'd go with @telectrix suggestion of adding a photo cell. Not much point in lights coming on when it's still light outside.

-
Arms
Esteemed
Do you actually require the contactor for this setup? Most timer's will be able to handle a lot more load that one you have here, and it appears that everything is on the same circuit.

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Do you actually require the contactor for this setup? Most timer's will be able to handle a lot more load that one you have here, and it appears that everything is on the same circuit.
good point. 10minutes exemption from naughty corner. ;)

Aico 3000 Range

Reply to Timer and contactor wiring help in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!
Top Bottom