Discuss Tingling from dishwasher in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

U

ukpablo

ok, got a call from a customer, when they open dishwasher, touch the metal casing inside, and touch the sink they get a tingling go up the arm.
same when they touch the cooker too?!

this does not happen when they touch the outside casing by the way

is this some form of leakage to earth, fault in dishwasher?

should i see if im getting a voltage inside the dishwasher on the door?

i will also check bonding of sink, etc, the earth connection on dishwasher plug and socket.

Any other ideas?:confused:

Try a low ohms test between inside of dishwasher and sink.

You should be hoping for a resistance of 0.05 ohms or less.

Have a look at the supply ,if its TNCS do a Ze , could be a supply fault ,check to see if all bonds are in place , also check the kicthen ring ,make sure there are no faults ,ie wall cupboard screws clipping cables etc

ok, went round, first pulled out dish washer, undid skt feeding it and found the earth was not connected in terminal! reconnected, checked continuity as CU to check ring, all bonds in place, re-powered cct, all fine.

thanks anyway guys and gals!

Yes, had an identical one a few weeks ago with a brand new American style fridge. They called me back because I wired the kitchen sockets and they were getting a buzz from the door of the new fridge. When I pulled the fridge out they'd shortened the flex and the earth conductor had pulled out of the connector in the plug. They were very embarrassed.

Yes, had an identical one a few weeks ago with a brand new American style fridge. They called me back because I wired the kitchen sockets and they were getting a buzz from the door of the new fridge. When I pulled the fridge out they'd shortened the flex and the earth conductor had pulled out of the connector in the plug. They were very embarrassed.

Why on earth would they shorten the flex ...............bang goes the warrenty, hope you charged them

Reply to Tingling from dishwasher in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net