Discuss Tinned Copper cables ccc in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Spud28

-
Reaction score
Evening, has anyone got the current carrying capacity for old Tinned copper cables. Im looking at using an existing cable that looks just under 6mm (Imperial size most likely) for a cooker circuit. IR etc tests out ok. Thanks in advance.....

It is probably 7/.044 if it looks 6.0mm which is approximately 6.45mm so theoretically you can use 6.0mm ratings.

Evening, has anyone got the current carrying capacity for old Tinned copper cables. Im looking at using an existing cable that looks just under 6mm (Imperial size most likely) for a cooker circuit. IR etc tests out ok. Thanks in advance.....

Attachments

• Imperial cable ratings.pdf
    57.1 KB · Views: 21
    57.1 KB · Views: 8
    57.1 KB · Views: 11
It is probably 7/.044 if it looks 6.0mm which is approximately 6.45mm so theoretically you can use 6.0mm ratings.
Thanks for the reply! Is there a chart or table as I would like to confirm on site. Cable definitely looks smaller than 6mm but bigger than 4mm. Cant seem to find any info....!

Thanks for the reply! Is there a chart or table as I would like to confirm on site. Cable definitely looks smaller than 6mm but bigger than 4mm. Cant seem to find any info....!
7/036 will be it then, I sent you a chart of sorts, I used that size for 30Amp circuits when I were a Lad, 7/029 was for ring mains as they were known in the past, the very distant past, Telectrix will know all about those cables as well as me and some of the oldies.

7/036 will be it then, I sent you a chart of sorts, I used that size for 30Amp circuits when I were a Lad, 7/029 was for ring mains as they were known in the past, the very distant past, Telectrix will know all about those cables as well as me and some of the oldies.
It's a joy to see someone asking about tinned cu....so many of them think it's ally, these days.

Reply to Tinned Copper cables ccc in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net