Discuss Tips from a pro..... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

How could you have missed that when you were doing all your three monthly PAT checks on all your site tools.

Good question and one that I can answer with ease...

I'm not working in any properties belonging to others and I'm not an electrician. It did teach me the lessons of assuming nothing, taking nothing for granted and amending my own practices in this regard.

now you got me going to open the plug on my henry what i bought for £2 at a car boot sale 12 years ago.to check it. GRRR.

I know you've probably seen this sort of thing countless times, but I couldn't believe it. What's more is that it was part of a liquidation sale of an engineering business, who obviously would have regularly PAT tested all portable electrical equipment...

Very handy having a short flex on henry, combined with a long hose.

Not what I have found, had a battery Dyson Animal for about ten years, went wrong once and they came out within 24hrs and repaired it with no charge, the DC whatever number it is, had a dodgy inlet, found a replacement on the Internet and put it in, no problem, the other Animal we have in France had a catch fault on the dust collector again replaced by Dyson with no charge, I seem to have the extreme opposite experience to you Tel?

For a domestic environment I don't think the Dysons can be beaten, but I would imagine they would not last long in the back of a van being taken day to day on work related cleaning operations, for that, don't think you can beat a Numantic vacuum whatever the model.

my last experience with dyson was the thing had stopped altogether due to worn carbon brushes in the motor. i contacted dyson direct, requesting a set of brushes. " sorry, sir, we can't supply brushes, but we can sell you a motor, £90 +VAT". ended up buying brushes off ebay, £2.50 free delivery.

Looked at another way, you had used your Dyson without trouble so much you wore out the brushes, I'd say that was pretty good going in this throw away era we live in.
they'd not worn out. 1 brush was fine. the other one was stuck in it's holder and had arced to the comm. and burnt down.

Been using our Dyson Animal in our home for well over ten years as the only vacuum and its still going, never had to change the brush's, so we all speak as we find, you have had problems I haven't, perhaps I got two good ones and you got a bad one?

Reply to Tips from a pro..... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net