Discuss Tis the season to be burgled in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Sanke

Hi all
Had a card through the door yesterday from the Police saying that a house near to us has been burgled. They advised that this is the busy period for all those lovely people to help themselves to our hard earned things.

Just thought I would put a quick post up to remind people to check their own security but also ask what the forum would advise to make our homes more secure. Cant really stop them only slow them down

Be safe & secure

burglar deterrents, in no particular order. 1, shotgun. 2. live cables dangling. 3. rotties. 4. baseball bat. 5, alarm system & CCTV. 6. mother-in -law.

japanese aktia cross german shepard called Duffus
has a good efect only problem postman only delivers post if the dog is inside.

Last edited by a moderator:
they do now
If the standard of the scumbags we get in the papers round here is anything to go by I doubt they'll be able to turn a PC on, let alone find this forum mate. I'd put money on most of them being unable to find their backsides with both hands and a hunting dog:)

japanese aktia cross german shepard called Duffus
has a good efect only problem postman only delivers post if the dog is inside.

Our dog likes to snap at the postmans hand as hes pushing the post through failing that she will eat whatever he pushes through.....Hence the reason had to buy a ouside postbox today

Our dog likes to snap at the postmans hand as hes pushing the post through failing that she will eat whatever he pushes through.....Hence the reason had to buy a ouside postbox today

mines not to fussed about the post or the post man but mainly the uniform of his the reflective strip upsets him so workmen, coppers and anyone else that weres a reflective jacket woudnt come fo to well.

look on the bright side least you woudnt of got any bills.

Hi all
Had a card through the door yesterday from the Police saying that a house near to us has been burgled. They advised that this is the busy period for all those lovely people to help themselves to our hard earned things.

Just thought I would put a quick post up to remind people to check their own security but also ask what the forum would advise to make our homes more secure. Cant really stop them only slow them down

Be safe & secure

that sounds a decent force snake,weve had 7 break ins on our estate in the last week alone,hardly any in the previous 20 yrs ive lived here,only know as police cars drive around the estate much more now and the auld fella across the way told me,if you want to know whats happening ask the oldies

Where my mother lived there was a guy who was in and out of jail, when he was in there were no burglaries, when he was out there were loads. Shortly after she died her house got done over nothing of any money value went I had my guitars there and they wern't touched but stuff with massive sentimental value got taken like my dad's RAF service medal.
A mate of mine who was a cop told me they knew it was him but didn't have enough to lock him up, he also told me they might not look into it too much if he "had an accident" which funnily enough is exactly what happened

Our next door neighbour has been done over twice.

He is the last house on the end of a row, these end houses seem to be a favourite amongst the burgling community.

Where my mother lived there was a guy who was in and out of jail, when he was in there were no burglaries, when he was out there were loads. Shortly after she died her house got done over nothing of any money value went I had my guitars there and they wern't touched but stuff with massive sentimental value got taken like my dad's RAF service medal.
A mate of mine who was a cop told me they knew it was him but didn't have enough to lock him up, he also told me they might not look into it too much if he "had an accident" which funnily enough is exactly what happened

what a shame that guy was accident prone..cough

Is it necessary to have to include the low life guy in your discussions
Can the powers that be, boot him up the arse and be done with the moron

Our 14 month old german shepherd had her first intruder up against the wall a couple of months ago. Some druggie burst in through the front door late at night(I know it should have been locked) After I pulled her off him he was very agreeable and sat quietly by the door crying while we waited for the police to collect him, tho i was tempted to let her tuck in.

She got a nice big plate of fried liver the next day, and he got a night in the cells to think about the dangers of entering peoples homes uninvited.

Hickory pick axe shaft, very powerful air rifle, rounders bat and, oh yes, a south american pygmy sword (theres nothing small about it) all under bed.If more time allows, chainsaw & various hatchets also available!2 kids in house. Game over for intruder

Reply to Tis the season to be burgled in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net