Discuss TN-S braiding in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

T

Toneyz

I don't get involved with a lot of properties that have a TN-S supply but had one today in an old local community theatre/centre had a MET with all sub-main earths etc going to it 16mm/10mm then abrade going from the sheath to the MET all standard and in good condition just looked to me a bit feeble compared with the 16/10mm copper conductors in the MET. does anyone know what it is made of and its CSA etc not realy given it much thought up till now.

If you do the adiabatic equation, you can see just how small a CPC you actually require.

Being a TN-S supply, probably 4 - 6mm is all that is actually required. As long as it's not sat next door to the substation. The larger CPC's are most probably installed from the CU to keep the Zs down within circuits.

Always a good idea to give it a quick visual check though. Make sure it's not showing signs of heating etc...

Seen a few steel braids going from sheath to MET. First time I saw one, I even asked DNO to inspect, as it wasn't something I'd seen before. They said it was normal practise for them.

Reply to TN-S braiding in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock