Discuss TNCS wiring in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

A CNE conductor is not permitted on the consumer side of A DNO intake so why would you need to know what it was wired in? You merely need to ensure the earthing arrangement and how that affects EFLI/PSSC/PFC readings.

I believe in most cases it's a 35mm CNE Aluminium cable.

The question is a bit vague. I take it this is another college question. Is there any more context around it?

As above, the TN-C side of the TN-C-S supply is really only allowed for the DNO. I don't know about who wires a BNO arrangement and if the sub-mains there might be also TN-C style though.

But as to what is used, it is almost certainly going to be "concentric cable" for the TN-C part, and from any Ryfield box to individual flats in TN-S it might be in "split concentric cable" (if DNO is involved) or possibly in SWA if any normal sparks have anything to do with it.

Concentric cable is like SWA but the armour wires are in copper or aluminium as an electrical conductor/shield, rather than the steel for physical protection as "SWA" provides.

Reply to TNCS wiring in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Can a domestic consumer unit feed another consumer unit, via the Main Switch. Details are: domestic property with 100A single phase supply...
Replies
Views
Hello, disclaimer: this is DIY and I am rather ignorant about electrical works. I just moved into a new rental apartment and i wanted to connect...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, When checking my consumer unit voltages with the full board off, I stumbled across something head scratching. Measuring the feed...
Replies
Views
Question about the Definition of #6 wiring standards for Thailand as of 2023? I am having a House/Villa built in Thailand and I wanted to wire...
Replies
Views
Hi All, As mentioned, I’ve got what looks like a TNCS system but CPC is coming via an earth rod???? Not tested TNCS system yet to see if earthing...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock