Discuss TNS or TNCS odd installation in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I would say a TN-S with a dodge link put to the neutral by someone that thinks they know what they are doing.

I would call the DNO to confirm. I would guess the TN-S was poor so someone has just bridged the neutral to earth to get the Ze down but the DNO would not do it like that.

The DNO may well just link it but PME may not be available so they may remove the link altogether.

This is how Northern powergrid connect new heads onto existing cables when I request a cast head removed. I have seen them do it quite a few times now and it is always a TN-C-S connection when done by them. They link neutral earth at the head to the sheath earth. "It's just how we do 'em now" is the general answer to my question of why.

Reply to TNS or TNCS odd installation in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Please can someone explain if this is a TNCS or a TNS earthing arrangement because it looks like both to me. Old undersized main bonding conductor...
Replies
Views
The earthing arrangement where the hot tub will be installed is formed in the TN-C-S system. I want to install the sub-main distribution circuit...
Replies
Views
On an EICR I found a 200 amp 3ph supply, TNS earthing (which looks original) and Ze of 19 ohms. No rods. No RCDs. L1 -> N was about 0.5 ohms...
Replies
Views
Am installing a bqckup genny in a house with a TNCS supply. Its will be in use 6 to 8 hrs/year (average yearly DNO outages). My question revolves...
Replies
Views
Afternoon All, Just pricing up a job and thought I'd pick your brains. Quick run-down, Block of Flats with an underground car park. In the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock