Discuss TNS, TT SYSTEM in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Got a question (this job is done), Mains is TNS, now there is an SWA from mains that feeds a panel, now I’ve tested this site a few times and readings vary for some reason, now to be safe feeding a new panel which will be outside then to some outdoor sockets, the panel (with upfront RCD) is fine Ze of 0.45 which is good, but at the boxes was in the 3.35 ohm range, now I’d already glanded the SWA in and used the earth so all I did was added a earth rod for additional protection, any one could explain why my readings was higher?

If the readings are well unstable then the DNo need to sort it out considering it a TNS. Is it. Three phase or is it a guessing game for us .voltages should be constant not over the place .or im i reading this post wrong .

Have you checked the circuits for high resistance/poor joints?

Boxes.....socket outlet points, presumably?
There are too many unknowns. How far are the cable runs, any variance in Ze at different points, size of cable, type and size of breaker, full test results, etc, etc? Did you test before TT?
If there is a genuine supply problem, don't let them fob you off with that TT crap.

Reply to TNS, TT SYSTEM in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Carrying out a EICR in a commercial setting. In the main intake room the DNO supply comes in and it states clearly this is a PME system. 5 years...
Replies
Views
Hi How do i access the earth rod to service it, where abouts will it be located and does a tt system have upfront rcds which will be probably in...
Replies
Views
Doing a lot of EICRs at the moment and have came across what I'm sure is a common enough problem. In an off grid rural cottage I have a TT system...
Replies
Views
Evening everyone . Currently looking at pricing a job up . It’s a hot tub supply . Outside socket with a few spare ways in an outdoor cu . 10mm...
Replies
Views
Been asked to do some rewiring, and have said needs upgrade of consumer unit really Main question is regarding earthing - Zs reads at 0.45 ohms...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock