NAPIT Certification Scheme To all napit members

Discuss To all napit members in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

Mark2009

TO ALL NAPIT MEMBERS

Have you had your assement last year or this year and have been told that you neen to get the 2391?

Well if so you need to call NAPIT as a matter of URGENCY as what you are being told on the day of your assesment is not true. If you have sat the NVQ Level 3, then on site training is only needed and not the 2391.

I asked the Napit guy to leave yesterday and reported him straight to Carla who told me that i dont need the 2391.

Call Carla on

0845 543 0330

TO ALL NAPIT MEMBERS

Have you had your assement last year or this year and have been told that you neen to get the 2391?

Well if so you need to call NAPIT as a matter of URGENCY as what you are being told on the day of your assesment is not true. If you have sat the NVQ Level 3, then on site training is only needed and not the 2391.

I asked the Napit guy to leave yesterday and reported him straight to Carla who told me that i dont need the 2391.

Call Carla on

0845 543 0330

Well what a cop-out if that's the case, NAPIT started off with real principles-you had to have the 2391-10 to join.

Then, after membership was slow to build, you had to get 2391-10 within a year.

Now, ah what the hell, come on in.........

I've just checked the NAPIT site and found this:

3. Competence to inspect, test and certificate

Applicants holding a Certificate of Competence to ISO
17024 will have met this requirement. Other applicants
must obtain a certificate covering the requirements for
inspecting, testing and certificating electrical
installations. This must be held prior to registration or
obtained within 12 months of a successful on-site
assessment. Acceptable certificates include C&G2391,​
C&G2400 or equivalent.

Is NVQ Level 3 to ISO 17024?

Hi
On the NVQ Level 3 as i have been told by Carla that it;s within the scope so all i need is on site training and even in my contract with Napit it does not mention 2391. I have been affected and will use the Law Misrepresentation Act 1967.

Carla told me friday on the phone he has no right to ask me for the 2391 i asked the Napit guy to leave.

No surprise there, when I joined for one year only in 2008 because I thought napit was in it for the trade, only to be inspected by someone who could not even qualify for a JIB ticket neither did he have the 2391. I had both, so how an earth can that be right?

Pile of crap if people wanna be honest about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi
I would also like to say how many of us electricians keep paying money for more qualifications???? but the reward for this is less money and with VAT going up we will be better working in ASDA

I do think Napit are trying there luck 7500 members force people to have the 2391 expect 80% of members to walk away, they cant get there head round it there is NO WORK.

Napit won't attempt to make part p members take the 2391, they need the money and competing with likes of the nic for custom.

The nic won't make the part p members take the 2391 either and when the inspectors go out to assess the newbies, the inspectors are told not to ask questions on the regulations just be helpful and advise etc. That's why the failure rate is low.

At the beginning of this part p scheme, the niceic thought they were the only ones going to be operating it and thought there was going to be flood of applicants in the region of 100,00 if I remember rightly.

Because they knew they wouldn't be able to get out and assess straight away they got all these packs together to send out to applicants containing all the documents they need to fill in and all the requirements ie tester, regs book ect.

Once the scheme was up and running they was going to send inspectors out asap to start doing their stuff, but nearer the time, Government said, no this is not going the same way as corgi with one register and I believe the up take was a lot less than expected and the nic had a load of packs sitting there nothing doing.

Just in case anyone was interested in what I was told a while back.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I joined napit you had to have 2391 or at least thats what they led me to believe

Its quite a few years since then, but it seems they have put numbers as their priority (if it is now ok in 12 months)

In the end these schemes are going to be irrelevant (perhaps they are now)
Off with their heads I say,a national register is going to be king :)

Des

I thought the 2391 was only needed if you wanted the full scope. Full scope counts for nothing anyway.

Customer wants best price and work to comply with the regulations. What more can you do?

Des

I thought the 2391 was only needed if you wanted the full scope. Full scope counts for nothing anyway.

Customer wants best price and work to comply with the regulations. What more can you do?

Hi Tonys
Perhaps Napit could employe you as your comments are so spot on.

Mark

Ive had a row with every nic inspector who came out for the yearly assessment. I couldn't be arsed listening to their crap. One prat started poking his nose into the the supply tails feeding the meter. Wanted to know what I was going to do about the size, anyway just put him on the phone to the council's electrical engineer and said tell him cause your boring me now. Anyway council told him to poke his nose out and they trust me.

Another time, one of them accused me and my mate of jumping the empty electrical meter to get the live test readings because the meter was ÂŁ20 in debt. Told him to shut is mouth.

Another time, wanted to know if I knew the size of the earth on the main electricity cable and was it acceptable, I said if its to small then turn the dis board off and leave the tenant with no electricity.

Plenty of good engineers amongst all the scheme providers, but the job worth's and the flash ones who think they can talk to you like an idiot are amongst them.

The list is endless, so I doubt if napit would want someone like me lol :D

Des

I thought the 2391 was only needed if you wanted the full scope.
do?

I am full scope.but what other scopes are there ?

To be honest I am more at home with the terms electrician, electricians mate, and the other guy, the one who makes the tea :)

If you are with napit and not full scope what else is there ?
If there is scope, what is the difference between them ?

To be honest I am more at home with the terms electrician, electricians mate, and the other guy, the one who makes the tea :)

It's all here:

NAPIT - electrical

Yes thats it,either an electrician or a non electrician
For electrician,they had the requirement for 2391,so to existing members, its always been there,excepting the recent changes ?

From what i understood, there will soon be a requirement for all NEW members to have, i think equiv, NVQ3 to join, regardless of scheme.

As linked to above - Defined Scope

not sure where the 2391 requirment comes from, first joined napit along with afriend about 5 years ago, only qualification my friend had was a one week di course he joined napit (full scope) and gained the 17th within his first 12 month and nothing else is required. even now after all this time try and get him to explain zs or something easier like current or volts and you will fall about laughing.

Reply to To all napit members in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net