NAPIT Certification Scheme To all napit members

Discuss To all napit members in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

i remember a college lecturer moaning a few years ago because they had told him he had to re-take his 2391 as it was 10 years since he had done it. needless to say he was un happy as he was teaching it and did not take the prospect of having to re do it within 12 months of joining too kindly

NAPIT website seems a bit missleading to me . £2m of Public Liability Insurance
AND
5. Relevant Publications - BS7671:2001 which costs £49 and the On-Site Guide which costs £17 (both available from the IEE, Tel: 01438 767328). You will also need a Memorandum of Guidance on the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989 which costs £4 from the HSE, Tel: 01787 881165, any other relevant publications covering any specific categories of work approvals required i.e. BS5839 for Fire Alarm Systems and if entry onto the CP register is required, the Approved Document for Part P which can be downloaded for free via the NAPIT website.

WTF BRB2001 ???

NAPIT website seems a bit missleading to me . £2m of Public Liability Insurance
AND
5. Relevant Publications - BS7671:2001 which costs £49 and the On-Site Guide which costs £17 (both available from the IEE, Tel: 01438 767328). You will also need a Memorandum of Guidance on the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989 which costs £4 from the HSE, Tel: 01787 881165, any other relevant publications covering any specific categories of work approvals required i.e. BS5839 for Fire Alarm Systems and if entry onto the CP register is required, the Approved Document for Part P which can be downloaded for free via the NAPIT website.

WTF BRB2001 ???

He He fills you with confidence dosen't it.

Napit along with all other bodies can go jump once this years membership ends im not rejoining, will carry on working and issuing test sheets and more than happy to go to court and prove competence there if (doubtfully) ever needed.

I know loads of sparks (good and bad) who have never bothered with pratp and are saving themselves costs and additional paperwork every year, the way i see it providing the work is done right and correct certs are issued by someone qualified to issue them then whats the worst they would do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Napit along with all other bodies can go jump once this years membership ends im not rejoining, will carry on working and issuing test sheets and more than happy to go to court and prove competence there if (doubtfully) ever needed.

I know loads of sparks (good and bad) who have never bothered with pratp and are saving themselves costs and additional paperwork every year, the way i see it providing the work is done right and correct certs are issued by someone qualified to issue them then whats the worst they would do.

Couldn't agree with you more, its the fear of what people are told by these freeloaders what scares people into joining in the first instance.

Does anybody really believe that local authorities have the funding and time to send in building control to take someone to court who as issued a certificate showing their work complies with BS7671, it don't happen.

Its down to the consumer whether or not they wish to inform building control about work going on. With out full plans, people do what they like and these schemes want to get some of the action by way of £££ by regulation.

Why don't part p apply to commercial because all the other parts of the building regulations do? Rip Off Britain for you :D

although in pricipal its a great idea (along lines of corgi/gassafe) but it went a different way and is a pure money making racket for the scheme providers and allows the untrained to now pass themselves off as qualified.

QUALIFIED with out knowlage go get your PartP n off you go with your napit/NIC/Esca/Select badge on your van ffs even plumbers can have NIC on their wrecks

Don't forget, the small Builders are getting on the bandwagon as well, they like a logo.

British Gas will take all the good little earner rewires and leave all the crap stuff for the little part p merchant, then their have no-where to turn for work :D

Then in 4 years time when all the British Gas Apprentices start to get their JIB cards, the part p merchants will be completely finished :)

Well i was going to change from elecsa to napit , but when they sent out every single email address on there data base inluding mine that changed my thoughts , and whats been said heres is a little concerning to me

Nick

Read between the lines, I'm very anti towards these schemes because they are taking the pee out of qualified skilled trades people. But at the end of the day it starts at Government level, they want whats happening.

My understanding is that membership requires 2382 Installation cert.only,
but in order to do PIR's you also need 2391 and Professional Indemnity Insurance,
That's why I did both as these are also required to be on LABC's register to do inspections on their behalf for people unregistered to self cert.

costs are getting ridiculous now
did 3 years in college (NVQ level 3)
then did AM2 (what's the point if not competent after this)
then 2382 (17th edition)
now I got to do 2394 & 2395 then pay NIC or ELECSA or NAPIT an annual fee to do work legally....F**K SAKE.....might as well work for minimum wage WTF?????

I can't see that getting all the qualifications and experience which is fulfilling the JIB criteria will do you any harm.

Forget about scheme providers and part P since neither of these labels will make you an electrician.

I let my membership lapse in September as see no gain.
Paid too much money for no real return. Got conned over "Inspector" label, which having got from 'Nappin', found LABC not interested as did a county-wide deal with one company at start of Part Pants.
Never been asked for my JIB 'Gold card' either.
50 years in game, including 5 year apprenticeship counts for sfa with customers, only ability to do a good job!

Sparx24
You are spot on in my view the Schemes see sparks as cash cows plus they play the game of with the rest so we get a BGB Onsite Guide Gn3 ISI&TEE 4th edition,PIR TO EICR 2391 TO 2392-3 .

thing is our trade is saturated driving costs down but we are expected to continually stump up and that is not helping so don't wear that badge with pride just watch the guy next door get a new CU and the Local Building Control ain't going to kick their door in and tell them to put the old 3036 back in and rip out the CB RCD CU

Hello chaps, just done 2 years with napit. Keep telling me I need 2391 now 2394/2395. Needless to say I wont be gambling my time and money going down this road. Dont know ahat steps to take now.

And then you'd do what about LABC notification?

Reply to To all napit members in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock