Discuss To all you testers out there in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

What’s agreed with client,domestic say 8 way Db,most properly all.
commercial/industrial,18 way,Tpn 48 circuits 25%.
Make note of tested circuits,next time do reminder,this may differ if tests prove unsatisfactory.

It is so hard to say , some are easy to get at and some are near impossible .
It also depends on what is agreed with the person ordering the work.
Also in a busy place it can slow you down , or even stop you working for periods.

I used to work for a company a few years a go we had to do about 40 circuits a day but we done our testing to a high standard

But there are some companies who do a bonus scheme, minimum might be about 30a day but they want you to do more. But the standards were not high.

Do you mean actually tested? As opposed to Lim or agreed limitations. Because with the preceding it has been possible to credibly appear to test a lot more of an installation than has actually been tested/inspected at an agreed 25%. With agreed limitations such as an office that cannot be tested due to just not being able to get in there it can seem as if a larger installation with 60 36way DBs can apparently be done in a couple of weeks i.e. ten days equating to 216 circuits (apparently) per day. Again it depends on age and labelling of circuits but in my experience with a mate I could do a 36 way DB in a day given lims and F.I. options. Bear in mind EICR is more visual than testing/taking apart. Tests are fairly quick usually as it goes. A lot of variables really to have a definitive number in all cases.

Reply to To all you testers out there in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

What should you do if a client has a CU that is a split board protected by 2 * 63Amp 30mA double pole RCCDs, you took Zs and tested both RCCDs by...
Replies
Views
So, I was messing around yesterday with some old testers I have laying around to see if they still work I found my dads old Robin MFT and noticed...
Replies
Views
What would be the fault with a very high Zs at all sockets on a ring main, the sockets are an average of 68.10 . The lights are.67 and the is...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Electrical2Go - Megger MFT Deals! Upgrade your toolkit with our exclusive offer! Purchase any of the Megger advanced multifunction testers –...
Replies
Views
How many of you that install EV have a tester that can test integral RDC-DD devices ? I’m starting to get a more enquiries but don’t know the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock