Discuss To bring lighting circuit up to regs... in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

SSE

-
Reaction score
Adding downlights onto a circuit for someone and it is an old fuseboard with re-wireable fuses. Am I correct in thinking that all I need to do is upgrade the circuit I am workin' on or does the whole fuseboard have to be brought up to 17th edition? All I was planning doing was adding an rcd unit with an mcb onto the side of the fuse board for it...

Is the change of lights in a "special location"? If so you will need a RCD if not you don't.

It makes no difference if it's in a special location or not, if your installing new cable within the Walls and above ceilings then the cable will need RCD protection, MWC issued and notification to LABC if required.

It makes no difference if it's in a special location or not, if your installing new cable within the Walls and above ceilings then the cable will need RCD protection, MWC issued and notification to LABC if required.

Notification to LABC???????

if it's a mod. to an existing circuit, then as long as it's not a special location, only need RCD if cables buried in walls <50mm blah, blah, and non notifiable. a MWC will cover the work.

If it's not a special location then as tel says, no notification needed, just issue a MWC to customer and your done

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to To bring lighting circuit up to regs... in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

As I've mainly done site work and moved into domestic recently, I'm a bit rusty on stuff like this, but if I'm adding a loft PIV unit to an...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm in need of some advice. First of all i'm not an electrician but do have an understanding of electrics as i come from an electronics...
Replies
Views
I am currently going self employed. I was never put through any 18th edition courses, so have booked myself onto my 18th wiring regs. I want...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, Been asked to fit 2 lights and a switch, which in reality turned out to be rewiring a multiple PIR setup to a single switch, adding...
Replies
Views
Hi guys I have some industrial lighting circuits to wire in a workshop and was after some fresh ideas/suggestions as to how i could best do this...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock