Discuss To tie wrap or not to tie wrap. That is the question in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I’m doing a 48way three phase board at work with 34 circuits. How to keep it tidy without tie wraps? Or is tie wraps the way to go

big boards like that, the only choices you have for a really neat job without spending days on it, tie wraps or if its big enough you can screw some slotted trunking down each side.

Are all the cables coming in top entry?
Start with the largest cables at the bottom and then cascade down to the smallest at the top..
Avoid RCBOs with functional earths, better still go for one of the new Schneider boards

Use tie wraps to form the wiring into place.

Remove when all testing is done, as long as you ran them in neat, they shouldn't move too much.

Pet peeve of mine is cable ties where they aren't needed. An if I find people tying cables together in trunking. Heads will role. Nothing worst than having to pull out a cable in trunking an finding its tied to all the others.

Use tie wraps to form the wiring into place.

Remove when all testing is done, as long as you ran them in neat, they shouldn't move too much.

Pet peeve of mine is cable ties where they aren't needed. An if I find people tying cables together in trunking. Heads will role. Nothing worst than having to pull out a cable in trunking an finding its tied to all the others.

The old school sparks I have worked with would have lobbed their hammer at you if they saw you putting ties around cables in trunking

The old school sparks I have worked with would have lobbed their hammer at you if they saw you putting ties around cables in trunking

I have a similar amount of anger directed at whoever tapes up bunches of cables before pulling them down conduit.

makes it almost impossible to pull an extra one down after

At one of the theatres I work for every circuit has been individually cable tied together in the trunking every couple of metres using the cable ties that incorporate a label where the circuit number has been written.
So it is very easy to find the relevant singles in the trunking when making alterations, and not too bad to pull them out if you are moving the whole circuit. But trying to alter a lighting circuit is a nightmare, you pull the s/l and the strappers, perm live, neutral and earth all come with it.

Reply to To tie wrap or not to tie wrap. That is the question in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock