Discuss Todays EICR gem - must be having one of those weeks in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welchyboy1

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Three phase board in mechanics shop

no main earth conductor

ZE - 586ohms

no rcd

Attachments

• image.jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 169
  • image.jpg
    231.6 KB · Views: 163
  • image.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:
Havent touched it, only plugged my meggar into a socket to check zs

He wanted a price for a full eicr for his insurance.......lol!........, i said as soon as i see it, its basically a full re-wire and its dangerous, it needs urgent attention, he said he will call me.............

are they using any outdoor portable equipment?

Is there any socket outlets that could be expected to be used for outdoor equipment?

Check the condition of that enclosure including the security of fixing.

Check the bases of the OPDs...make sure they are OK.

What was the earthing arrangements previously?....any evidence of this?

where is the main intake?.....whats the earthing arrangements there?

are they using any outdoor portable equipment?

Is there any socket outlets that could be expected to be used for outdoor equipment?

Check the condition of that enclosure including the security of fixing.

Check the bases of the OPDs...make sure they are OK.

What was the earthing arrangements previously?....any evidence of this?

where is the main intake?.....whats the earthing arrangements there?

That neutral block looks a bit weird, too.

Havent touched it, only plugged my meggar into a socket to check zs

He wanted a price for a full eicr for his insurance.......lol!........, i said as soon as i see it, its basically a full re-wire and its dangerous, it needs urgent attention, he said he will call me.............

I hope you used the no trip function on your meter so you did not trip any RCD in circuit

Looks like the gland for the SWA is sitting on top of the trunking Pic 3. the person who wired it must not of known what is was for don.t see any asbestos though they look like bs88 fuses for what its worth , and i think the earthing arrangement is yet to be arranged :)

Looks to me as it used to be a MEM 3036 board that's been upgraded to bs88's (well for the few that's in). Needs a new board and those swa's terminating correctly, and the earth sorting, providing everything else tests out ok. Easy money!

Reply to Todays EICR gem - must be having one of those weeks in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net