Discuss Tonights 2395 written. in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

SirKit Breaker

Has anyone had a go? what did you think?

I had a look at one of the spare papers that we get sent, and no you can't have it, i have to send them back. I thought it didn't look too bad. But then i didnt sit the exam! So whats your feelings?

Discuss.........

Cheers..............Howard

Without wanting to duplicate this was on another thread ......

1) state 3 reason why just measuring voltage at the origin and again at the end of a circuit doesn't determine the voltage drop?

I answered:

voltage is consistent
your measurement needs to include impedance
your measurement needs to include current

2) why don't you carry out fault finding and remidials when carrying out a EICR?

I put:
not been agreed with client
needs quoting
may not be convenient

I think this was a bit of a horrible question!!

no diagram questions (eflp or electrode diagrams)

I read the paper as I was invigilating, I honestly think the standard of questions were poor and would not test the average canditate, I had 12 in the room and 7 left in under an hour with smiles on their faces, all others finished with time to spare, I reckon the national pass rate should exceed 60%

What sort of question was on the paper? Can you give an example?

List 5 inspection items for galv steel trunking system supply socket out in a warehouse, explaining what is being inspected, and the human sense used

A single phase machine circuit has a load of 28 amps and the sum of the live conductor resistance was measured at 0.37 ohms,
a)calculate the volt drop
b) does the answer in a) comply with BS7671

I reckon your taking the mickey .... cough up the questions were harder than that! You've been doing the 1st year apprentice mid-term exam ....

I read the paper as I was invigilating, I honestly think the standard of questions were poor and would not test the average canditate, I had 12 in the room and 7 left in under an hour with smiles on their faces, all others finished with time to spare, I reckon the national pass rate should exceed 60%

i agree if the question posted by badged is anything to go by.

anyone who bangs on about the 2394/5 being just as tough as old 2391 is talkin bollox.
when i did the written , no-one stopped writing till the final minute , including 2 college lecturers in the group.

oh and the answer to Q.2 is because an eicr is to report only its condition at the time of the inspection as any in-progress repairs would alter the final outcome and it should be conducted in a completely impartial manner.

i'll take the ten marks for that.

though i wouldnt put money on joecliff sailing through,,,,

;-)

no, on my life these are two genuine questions, see what I mean about the quality

Anyone want to have a stab at volt drop question, showing all calcs!

Last edited by a moderator:
well done you have passed !

how many I wonder stuck a correction in for temperature even though no conductor insulation details were given and the question clearly stated a measured resistance

Reply to Tonights 2395 written. in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock