Discuss Tool Backpack in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

RDB85

-
Trainee
Reaction score
I’m due to start my apprenticeship in a few weeks. I’ve got some hand tools. But I’m looking for a Tool Backpack. As I will be getting the train to and from the office. I’ve seen a lot of people use Veto. Having looked at the prices which are £150 or more it’s an awful lot for a bag and something I simply can’t justify, even if I had the cash.

Does anyone on here use a tool backpack that they could recommend other than veto?

A lot of people use the Stanley ones so they must be ok,
Do you need a backpack?
I think they lend them selves to some kinds of work but not to others.

B n Q is a good starting place Mate you can if you look hard enough get a starter backpack tool bag

stanley fatmax should do you at a fraction of the cost.:
A few quid cheaper here: Stanley 195611 Fatmax Tool Backpack: Amazon.co.uk: Amazon.co.uk: - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Stanley-195611-Fatmax-Tool-Backpack/dp/B002ST7FHC/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=Stanley+Fatmax+Tool+Backpack+Box+Bag&qid=1567970273&s=gateway&sr=8-1

Christ I didn't know they were a thing! There's loads of them!

@Lou - Christmas: The Van that @Spoon posted, the car with camera on that somebody posted in the @Electrical2go camera thread, and then one of these backpacks please. :)

That Stanley one looks good. I’m just looking for something that will help me on jobs. Can’t really argue for less than £40. It looks good quality. The veto looks great but for someone like myself the saved money could be spent on appropriate tools.

Where's the veto one mate? How much is that?

Do any of our sponsors do these? - Or even if they don't have them on their websites, perhaps they have accounts with distributors that can get you one cheaper?

I've had my Stanley fat max backpack for about 6 years so far, and it has spent the whole time absolutely jam packed with tools, but it is still going strong with no signs of giving up yet, though one of the zip tabs came off and it is a bit scuffed.

Where's the veto one mate? How much is that?

Do any of our sponsors do these? - Or even if they don't have them on their websites, perhaps they have accounts with distributors that can get you one cheaper?

They can be purchased on Amazon. Their backpack is around £130 - £200 on various websites.

[automerge]1567980190[/automerge]
They look nice quality but I can’t justify the price at the moment.

Last edited:
the stanley will see you through your apprenticeship. when you're qualified and earning proper wages, then consider the veto.

Stanley one has removeable inner section which is handy. They also do one with wheels.
Not sure if it fits Ryanair bag-checker though...

A few quid cheaper here: Stanley 195611 Fatmax Tool Backpack: Amazon.co.uk: Amazon.co.uk: - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Stanley-195611-Fatmax-Tool-Backpack/dp/B002ST7FHC/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=Stanley+Fatmax+Tool+Backpack+Box+Bag&qid=1567970273&s=gateway&sr=8-1

Christ I didn't know they were a thing! There's loads of them!

@Lou - Christmas: The Van that @Spoon posted, the car with camera on that somebody posted in the @Electrical2go camera thread, and then one of these backpacks please. :)

@CK Tools do a nice one!

Technicians Rucksack

As a fellow forum sponsor they might be able to help you out?

Cheers,
Ivan

They look good also. I would be interested if they could do a deal.
Thanks for the interest, but unfortunately, we have no way of doing that. They are only available through your local C.K stockist. If you have a good haggle at your local wholesaler, you may well get what you want though! - the two rucksacks available are the MA2631 or the MA2635 (with waterproof base).

Thanks for the interest, but unfortunately, we have no way of doing that. They are only available through your local C.K stockist. If you have a good haggle at your local wholesaler, you may well get what you want though! - the two rucksacks available are the MA2631 or the MA2635 (with waterproof base).

That’s a shame I’m not registered with any Wholesalers. So you can’t do a forum deal only?

Reply to Tool Backpack in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock