Discuss Tool bags in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

stean

Evening all,

I'm just about to start my first job which is a maintainance job in a hospital and need to buy a tool bag. I've been told that I only need to take the basics so therefore only need a small/medium size bag.

What do you lot use and what would you reccomend?

Hi mate,

I brought this:General Purpose Tool Kit In Tough Open Tote Bag - screwflix..com, Where the Trade Buys

I got it mainly for the bag, although some of the tools came in handy as I've had afew nicked by theiving toerags.:(

Most chaps at work have now got tote bags of various sizes.

hi i've just bought the stanley fatmax xl open tote bag for b&q for £20, good strong bag with plenty of storage!

Hi Stean
I use a few sorts and boxes but just got the new mastercart from B & Q its £29.99 but its great for long walks and as your be working in a hospital might be worth a look has 3 wheels so you can either pull it with the handle or roll it standing up.
Regards
Kung.

Last edited by a moderator:
whatever you buy, make sure its ballistic nylon!! this is the most strongest man made fibre available. i have had three tool bags...2 cheapo and now a dewalt bag. they do various sizes and are on ebay very cheap! just buy fromtrusted seller as some can be fakes. if original, it will be all in original packaging and dewalt authentic tags etc. this is the stuff that all the tradesmans trousers are made of too! dickies and snickers etc use ballistic nylon. i can vouch that my bag and trousers are 18 months old and are mint all round! hope this helps. p.s - the extra tenner will save you massively! buy a cheapo and i garauntee that your hole saws and pad saw etc will be bursting out everywhere within days! it will look like a large tea bag

Stean I was working on a millitary base an found that the CK toolroll model T1718 and a small multimeter covered most things and if its a bigger job get a decent case.

If i can stick my nose in this one from B&Q, although is a bit more expensive is what i use.

The handle moves out of the way so you can get to your tools in the main body of the bag.

Black & Decker Professional Tool Organiser 17185074 Black & Silver Effect, 17185074
Jason.S I also bought myself this bag and i have to say it is excellent as it is easy to locate tools and easy to see when they are missing so i could not rate it highly enough, best buy i ever made

stanley fatmax is my choice good value and plenty of storage cost about 20 quid

Chris

Reply to Tool bags in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock