• Welcome to the new forum. We're now hosted on ElectriciansForums.net rather than ElectriciansForums.co.uk - Chat about the forum upgrade by CLICKING HERE

Welcome to our Electrical Forum - We started out providing electrical advice just for the UK - But now we have specific advice for the USA too! - Register for free and share American Electrical Advice.

Discuss Tool insurance (20 characters) in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Idpost

Regular EF Member
Can anyone recommend a good tool insurance provider. Preferably one that is stand alone to PL and vehicle insurance?

Thanks
Ian

Charlie_

Electrician's Arms
Most PL and van policies give you the option of additional tool cover..
How come you want stand alone?

Idpost

Regular EF Member
I’m just in the process of renewing my PL insurance. They also provide tool insurance, but when you read the terms, they don’t offer cover between 9pm and 6am for tools in a van unless the vehicle is locked inside a building or parked in a secure car park. So not much use if you can gets broken into during the night!

TonyMitchell

Electrician's Arms
You will get a better all in one deal combined with your van insurance, than if you take out a separate policy elsewhere. Make sure you fully understand the exclusions.

anthonybragg

Electrician's Arms
As I have posted before we used to have it until I was told that you only get the value of the tools at the time of the claim YOU DO NOT GET WHAT YOU PAID FOR THE TOOLS so it gets to a risk factor after a few years where there is a point that you will pay out for insurance for nearly what you may have paid for them.

Electrician Talk

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Electrical 2 Go - Electrical Supplier and Electrical Wholesalers
Electrical Insurance
ElectriciansForums.net (formerly known as ElectriciansForums.co.uk) was setup in April 2006 to provide free electrical advice to both professional and DIY electricians. Whether seeking advice for auto electrics, trying to find electrical installation condition reports (EICR) form downloads, or whether you're here just to talk to other electricians; we've been a first-choice website for tens of thousands of sparkies for well over a decade.