Discuss toolkit for college? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Floody

-
Reaction score
Hi guys, just a quick question.
Im starting college in a month, 2330 or 2357 whichever one they are delivering. Im trying to find out if I need a toolkit? And if so, what should it consist of. Obviously the basic things, drivers, snips etc, but does anyone have some more in-depth info? Possibly a tutor would be great answering this.

Thanks in advance.

The way things are going I think you will have to ask them what you are allowed to take in. When my son was at college they supplied all the tools.

Agree with Ruston,colleges usually supply the tools,plus if you take your own there is a chance things will go missing so do you buy a dear set and hope for the best or buy a cheap set for college and a dear set later.one point of advice though when my last apprentice was at college they were selling tool kits to the students,turned out it was all draper stuff cheap and nasty some bought it but my lad was lucky as I used to buy him bits every so often,by the time he passed he had a good tool kit.Btw don,t get a neon test screwdriver they are only good for stirring drinks with.

was down in CEF yesterday. they are doing a full kit in a toolbag at sensible price. don't know if it's just my local branch or nationwide.

if your going to college i recomend a pack of three, as the girls in college are always hot and something for hangovers, pen pensil ruler some couloured pens a scientific calculator notepad bs7671 and on site guide some different coloured post it notes ( small and large )
as most of your work would probably be paper based the above items will be more important

all other tools should be provided by college,

Btw don,t get a neon test screwdriver they are only good for stirring drinks with.
i have to admit i still have a few around from when hypervalue shop shut near me and they where sold for pennies.
i would never take them on site but they are handy around the house as long as they don't get wet, wouldn't use them for checking if live, they are handy to knock holes in plasterboard until they break.

Reply to toolkit for college? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net