Discuss Toyota hiace van reverse lights in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

E

egginyourface

Good morning all,

ive got a toyota hiace hiace van and reverse lights just stopped working. Tried changing lamps but still no difference.

someone mentioned it could be reverse light switch. Does anyone know where it located so I can replace it

thanks

first locate the gearbox. usually stuck at the end of the noisy oily bit. then you should see a switch with 2 wires stuck on it. if you short them out, with the ignition on and the lights come on, then it's the switch.

Everything in modern vehicles is always put in easily accessible places. NOT.

Changing the subject slightly, had to put a heater matrix in a fiesta some time back, looked under the dash and thought hmmm, does not look too bad (often they are a full dash removal), had a look in the "book of times" it said 20mins, so had another look under the dash, no way could I do that in 20 mins, so looked under the bonnet, there were 6 or 8 screws, 5 mins and it was out, not every job if impossible, on the other hand went to change the £3 thermostat in my V6 Diesel Passat, I could not find it anywhere, looked at the "book of times" again, 6 1/2 hours, WHAT for a thermostat, to change cam belts is 6 1/2 hours, thermostat is located behind cam belts..... b*st*rds...

Reply to Toyota hiace van reverse lights in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Last weekend I experienced a weird electrical fault with my 2010 Peugeot Boxer Van. A little background - the van is a 2010 Boxer 330 2.2 Short...
Replies
Views
Hi auto-leckies, This is a DIY query. I have no electrician qualifications but I have electrical literacy, my original trades were heavy (HF)...
Replies
Views
My passat had an incident where Battery acid leaked and it damaged ABS Module, various light on dashboard switched on. Auto hold, cruise control...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm replacing standard light switches in my hall and landing with touch switches (not smart, just touch on/off) like these from Amazon...
Replies
Views
Hi all, hoping someone might be able to help a little, we got our daughter a renault twizy, but the headlights do not work. The side lights...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock