Discuss TP Change over switch in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

sythai

-
Arms
Reaction score
Hi Guys

Just doing new house and Client wants us to put in a change over switch in case ever needs to run off genny.

Not put one in before but looks straight forward enough.
Was going put commando socket next to the meter box for hook up point along with earth stake (current supply coming in will be 80TP PME.)
Any pointers welcomed ;-)

What I was mainly after is recommendations for a decent make of switch will either by 63a TP or 80 TP ?
Depending on Client budget.

Done bit of google but not that much springing out at me.

Thanks Sy

Was going put commando socket next to the meter box for hook up

You need to install a commando plug, also known as an inlet connector, not a socket!

What I was mainly after is recommendations for a decent make of switch will either by 63a TP or 80 TP ?
Depending on Client budget.

If the incoming supply is 80A then it needs to be an 80A switch, unless you are fusing the supply down to 63A.

As for a decent make then you can't go wrong with Craig and Derricot switches.

Fitted one of these a couple of weeks ago. Not a bad layout for the terminals but the screws are at a 45 degree angle, which is fine if you have plenty of space around the switch.
It Was a bit tight with all the cables in it and I certainly wouldn't want to try 35mm as the bends were tight in 25mm even using flexible tails!
Sy

Thanks Sy from another sparky Sy 😉

Reply to TP Change over switch in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Morning All I recently completed my first re wire and board change, (with help from the owner who is a gas fitter and plumper, who works with my...
Replies
Views
I realise this overlaps with the Earth Rod install post a little, but I am attempting to plan part one of an upgrade. Currently I am mostly...
Replies
Views
A
Hi guys I’m new to this site however just thought I’d give my best explanation of what the AM2 was like. If this is in the wrong forum I’m very...
Replies
Views
M
Hello im after some advice please. A friend of mine had asked me to hook up a Domestic Generator for him. My plan is to install a change over...
Replies
Views
Knobhead
K
A
Hello all, Posted this on the Napit forum but had no respite se despite lots of views so thought I would paste it on here. Interested in your...
Replies
Views
SirKit Breaker
S

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock