Discuss TPN Isolator testing in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi there thanks in advance for the help iam still learning but soon to sit my trade test, on the booth picture number four is a TPN isolator I have to chose the correct fuses but on the testing this piece of equipment R1 R2 3 phases to earth record highest reading at end point I don’t need to disconnect my fuses due to higher resistance do I ? From fuse wire in the 88-2 type G fuses with max Zs of 4.0 ohms thanks in advanceTPN Isolator testing 646183A8-09A5-4DB7-AE9B-B5A476348152 - EletriciansForums.net

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there thanks in advance for the help iam still learning but soon to sit my trade test, on the booth picture number four is a TPN isolator I have to chose the correct fuses but on the testing this piece of equipment R1 R2 3 phases to earth record highest reading at end point I don’t need to disconnect my fuses due to higher resistance do I ? From fuse wire in the 88-2 type G fuses with max Zs of 4.0 ohms thanks in advance
Also when noting down on the test paper do I knife down the breaker or the fuses for on the testing papers ?

R1 R2 is a dead test…. You’re testing from the outgoing side of the fuses.
The idea is to test only the cables… nothing else.

Testing through the fuse will give false readings.

The fuses do not need linking out as @littlespark said you test from the outgoing side of the fuses anything before them is a different aspect.
Thanks again really appreciate your help type G fuses at 16 amps iam led to believe as for putting down on the test papers the 3 phase breaker that feeds them will I be noting down the zs for fuses or the 3 phase breaker ?

Think about the circuit, draw it out, remembering there are distribution circuits and final circuits - Whst is the defining difference between a distribution circuit and a final circuit?

What do you think you were advised above to test from the outgoing side of the BS88 fuse?
Yeah I thought I’d be measuring the outgoing side of the fuses which would be fed via a 3 phase mcb but then iam thinking as in if I test outgoing I would get a higher resistance through the fuses so I thought I’d put down the fuse sizing and rating an in accordance the max zs value on the test sheet

Reply to TPN Isolator testing in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock