Discuss trace heating in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

sheepo

hello, i have got a job to install heat trace round pipes in caravans but have never used it before.
looking for tips to install. cheers.
what cable? any thermostat?

We always use this company, they do everything you need, from cable to thermostat to metalic tape you use to attach it to the pipe work.
The cables are a little fiddly at first to terminate, but once you get used to it, its a doddle. Also you need to do a little thinking on cable runs because you can end up with quite alot of waste, you'll see what I mean once it arrives.

Hope this helps.

could you tell me if its simply a case of taking a cable from the breaker, to the thermostat, then the trace cable from thermostat round the pipes? cheers.

yeah, take a feed to the thermostat (obviously provide means of isolation) then I think from what I can remember you simply run all the cables from there, the stat controls it all.

Just a little pointer my mate, we used to do trace heating on pipes in power stations, and make sure you don,t cross the tape on its self or it will create a hot spot and burn out usually.

Reply to trace heating in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello, I am in the process of conducting an investigation on a heat trace that was found on fire. The jacket around the wires could have been...
Replies
Views
I'm in Raleigh, North Carolina and have a well for my house's water supply. For some reason, pitless adapters, which allow all piping to be run...
Replies
Views
m having a bit of an issue that is proving difficult to resolve. For 2 years I have been having no problems with my setup. I have a 3 zone house...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone just looking for some advice before buying stuff not planning on carrying out this work myself will get someone who knows what their...
Replies
Views
Hi , Wondered if anyone can help , i currently install and test Trace Heating Cable on Mechanical Pipework for Frost protection . Recently our...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock