Discuss Track and trace apps in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

littlespark

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Patron
Reaction score
Anyone downloaded the app?

ive found a flaw, through one of my neighbours. The Scottish app and the UK one don’t talk to each other. I would need to download both.

does it work through brick walls? What if your next door neighbour has tested positive? Your phone picks up theirs and tells you you’ve been too close, YOU must now self isolate. Bye bye 2 weeks of work.

does it work through brick walls
Funny you should say that, I can hear my next door neighbour cough and spluttering
With the glass up against the wall. Lol.
[automerge]1601415345[/automerge]
Your phone picks up theirs and tells you you’ve been too close, YOU must now self isolate. Bye bye 2 weeks of work.
Have you been close to them, you bad boy.
Bring out the dead. Have you rang nikola scurgent. To see what she thinks.

Last edited:
I'm waiting for the conspiracy theorists who will probably say it's just a government plan to track people.

I'm waiting for the conspiracy theorists who will probably say it's just a government plan to track people.
It's a government plan to track people!

Boso sits there in no10 with a fiendish map of the uk with the details of every person placed upon it.

(Well except for the North East, he's not too sure what's going on there)

It's a government plan to track people!

Boso sits there in no10 with a fiendish map of the uk with the details of every person placed upon it.

(Well except for the North East, he's not too sure what's going on there)

Cheers Julie, , :D :D

At the risk of controversy...... I don't trust it (and therefore haven't and won't download it). It's not because I think that Cummings wants to implant us with tracking devices (let's face it, we do that now willingly with phones, gps, card payments..) but because I refuse to believe that it's as simple as the data staying solely on your phone and that in six months time there's not going to be some instance of 'Mr Jones, your track and trace data puts you fifty feet from the murder scene at the time... please explain....' Besides, don't know about anyone else but my phone battery life is fairly crap already without constant bluetooth polling.

At the risk of controversy...... I don't trust it (and therefore haven't and won't download it). It's not because I think that Cummings wants to implant us with tracking devices (let's face it, we do that now willingly with phones, gps, card payments..) but because I refuse to believe that it's as simple as the data staying solely on your phone and that in six months time there's not going to be some instance of 'Mr Jones, your track and trace data puts you fifty feet from the murder scene at the time... please explain....' Besides, don't know about anyone else but my phone battery life is fairly crap already without constant bluetooth polling.

If you're paranoid about your data I recommend not using Facebook, email, etc. And forums probably for that matter. More risk from private companies losing or selling your information.

If you're paranoid about your data I recommend not using Facebook, email, etc. And forums probably for that matter. More risk from private companies losing or selling your information.
All of the above, to a point. I rarely share identifying data and only then via VPN. It's not necessarily about the raw data, the t&t system un-nerves me moreso than usual - the clue is in the name!

Agreed... it makes me laugh when they say "to ensure your security, please give us lots more of your personal details"... No no no !! the best way for me to stay secure is if you don't have any of my personal details !!

Or the
“Covid Response And Preparation” team
Might have had trouble, maybe they could hold

“Find Undiagnosed Covid Knights”
At the local pub

Always ensuring people’s safety by using the latest
“Safe Hands Important Training” methods.

it's OK> they've tracked me to my favorite boozers. now they can order me a pint in each, taxpayer funded.
[automerge]1601471737[/automerge]
Or the
“Covid Response And Preparation” team
Might have had trouble, maybe they could hold

“Find Undiagnosed Covid Knights”
At the local pub

Always ensuring people’s safety by using the latest
“Safe Hands Important Training” methods.
Find Alternative Response Treatment.

“Together We Are Thinking Similar”
“Indeed Future”
“Weekend Events”
“Because Even Low Instances Elevate Virus Epidemics”

Reply to Track and trace apps in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net