Discuss Tracking planes in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Moley

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
I've just spent the last couple of hours watching a US drone flying around Georgia and Ukraine. I wonder what the Georgians and Ukrainians think of a US drone spending that much time over their country. If anyone is interested the web site is Flightradar24 and lets you track planes all over the world in real time. I was surprised by the number of US planes flying around the UK too.

I've just spent the last couple of hours watching a US drone flying around Georgia and Ukraine. I wonder what the Georgians and Ukrainians think of a US drone spending that much time over their country. If anyone is interested the web site is Flightradar24 and lets you track planes all over the world in real time. I was surprised by the number of US planes flying around the UK too.
If anyone is interested the drone is a 'Northrop Grumman RQ-4 Global Hawk', registration number '11-2049'

It's interesting seeing what does fly over the UK. An Antinov flew over today and there's loads of USAF and RAF planes dogfighting. This 'bug' that's going around has hit flights hard. I was watching Heathrow and at the time there were just 5 planes there. I'm sure it's something like 1 plane every 30 seconds normally?

I was bought up near Heathrow in the 70s and in bad weather the flight path crossed the front of our house. Sat in the window for hours watching them VC10s, 707s, Tristars plus plenty more, Concorde you never tired of but they are all pretty generic now like cars.
We lived close to the Nestlé factory in Hayes and if my mum ever smelt the coffee it meant the wind had changed and time to get the washing in before it rained which invariably it did this also meant the the flight path changed across our house.

Last edited:
Ah Concorde. I've been on it a couple of times. It always amazed me how it grows longer as it's flying. Not that I ever flew on one. It was one of the prototypes at Yeovilton museum that I went on. I've never been a plane spotter (I prefer trains!) but Yeovilton and Duxford are great days out if you do like planes.
The drone is on it's way back. It's been in the air for over 20 hours and it's just nearing Sicily.

If anyone is interested the drone landed at Sigonella air base on Sicily after nearly 24 hours flying mainly over Georgia and Ukraine.
I really am a sad git!

American drones taking pictures within our UK shores end up taking photos like this:

43076439-9586867-image-a-1_1621238335283.jpg

Reply to Tracking planes in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net