Discuss Trade pics for your enjoyment. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

OK then, have a heating DB of mine that's not so neat. Long day, think we finished 9PM by the time that was fitted and tested and all the other stuff we had to do to finish this job. I like these Eaton boards a lot, Much nicer than the Wylex 3PH board I fitted yesterday.
View attachment 52989

Lovely work, the SWAs and tails look superb and the board is first class too.

Just finished installing a few racks in a BT exchange, twenty 35mm feeds onto the DC distribution.

Tri-rated is lovely to work with but a complete pain in the hoop to get looking neat as it just wants to goo where it wants to go. Also the cable management within the Huawei end of suite unit is crap.

Trade pics for your enjoyment. P1040798.JPG - EletriciansForums.net

Nice! You wouldn't want to short that incoming supply...
It's not that big, fault current of roughly 10kA with the batteries. If I remember tomorrow I'll try and get a picture of the older busbar DC system made up of four 200x15mm copper bars sandwiched together. Unfortunately the old battery system has been removed, they used to use open cell vats around the size of a bath containing the acid and battery plates...

Ah I should have expected that, the issue was poor stock control, I ran out of 2mm that very morning so had to resort to some 3mm that was in the van. No pleasing some people. ?
when I were an apprentice 20 year ago on the electric board, they wouldn't stock 2mm sleeving, one of the "old boys" would sit and strip 1.5 g/y single to relieve lengths of appropriate sized sleeving as he simply refused to overdress his cpcs:smile:

It had an effect on me as I've always strived to keep it on the van whereas you wonder if a minority today know it exists

This thread is going cold so have another DB.
View attachment 53274

No, No, No
go back and do it again.
the live on circuit 12 is longer than the neutral

Take some pride in your work boy.

p.s. I like the earth bar and its signage.
and I am pleased that you can accept my dry humour.

Last edited:
Well Freddo, it seems I must try harder, going by your pictures I might only be the second best in the South West. :grinning:

Reply to Trade pics for your enjoyment. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock