Discuss Trade Skils 4 U in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
This is the quality of the workmanship that these courses say that are good enough to rewireable a house with.
Not sure how slashing accessories onto a board gives you the experience to run cables in the fabrication of a house
I would like some one whose done this type of course to give they experience of their first job they completed

imagejpeg

This is the quality of the workmanship that these courses say that are good enough to rewireable a house with.
Not sure how slashing accessories onto a board gives you the experience to run cables in the fabrication of a house
I would like some one whose done this type of course to give they experience of their first job they completed

imagejpeg

You’re not the only one that’s bothered about this.

OK the newly “qualified” domestic installer may grasp how a circuit works. Mrs. Brown isn’t going to be happy with a cable neatly clipped down her lounge wall to a surface mounted switch.

Of the few houses I’ve rewired the first was my own. I was an M&Q electrician, I’d never chased a wall in my life. It was a steep learning curve. Making good afterwards was hilarious, more plaster on the floor than in the chase. Sinking boxes it’s a wonder I didn’t demolish the wall. I spent no end of time repairing the damage I’d done.

So how is our wet behind the ears newly “qualified” domestic installer going to cope with real life?

I dread to think of the chaos he’ll cause when he has to sort a fault out. If it’s on an install he’s done he’ll know where every thing is. What will he do with an existing installation done to a previous edition of BS7671?

Problem with your photo, can't see it...

Dont understand why the photo didn't come up, it was there when I posted it
I will try and have another go later but Tony got it right.
what really amazed me was the fact that Nic and Eca have a fast track system for them plus a discount off the cost of joining
Now im not a NIC hater or even a Part P hater but how can these organisations expect to be given respect when they do things like this
As a foot note to Tony's experiences when I was much younger I came across a 3 inch wall for the first time and couldn't understand why I kepted drilling through it
Id hate to think of the damage these guys could end up doing but I do not blame them they really have been sold a pup
Now if the qualifications stated that they had to work along side a qualified electrician for at least 2 yrs before going out on there own then I'd respect them

Dont understand why the photo didn't come up, it was there when I posted it
I will try and have another go later but Tony got it right.
what really amazed me was the fact that Nic and Eca have a fast track system for them plus a discount off the cost of joining
Now im not a NIC hater or even a Part P hater but how can these organisations expect to be given respect when they do things like this
As a foot note to Tony's experiences when I was much younger I came across a 3 inch wall for the first time and couldn't understand why I kepted drilling through it
Id hate to think of the damage these guys could end up doing but I do not blame them they really have been sold a pup
Now if the qualifications stated that they had to work along side a qualified electrician for at least 2 yrs before going out on there own then I'd respect them

they don't expect it, or care. All they care about is dollar. Not even bothered about safety.

Yeah it is :). It is not too bad if they have rendered it quite heavy before skimming.

Arghhhh awful stuff, can't chase it, can't even drill without the wall.....falling down. Seen some where I'm sure the dot and dab either side is just holding all the crumbs of clinker in.....

I hung a 49" Tv on the wall the other day, very nice LG flat thing ultra high definition 4k thing, cost quite a lot of money, the bracket was just a single rail, I put five 120mm x 12mm wall bolts in as didn't want it falling off LOL.

I i drilled through straight into the cavity between them and the neighbour.

Arghhhh awful stuff, can't chase it, can't even drill without the wall.....falling down. Seen some where I'm sure the dot and dab either side is just holding all the crumbs of clinker in.....

What you about ? you run a decent chaser down it first (with your extractor attached) then chip it out with a small sds multi straight into a rubber bucket and clear up as you go along.

It would be nice to know what happened to all the people who did these courses to catch up on what they are doing now.

Yes, it would be good to know more about this course . The course is essential to move forward but in my opinion experience is what what matter the most

Reply to Trade Skils 4 U in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net