Discuss Trade Test in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

I live in SCOTLAND and after completing 4 years apprenticeship , you have to sit a trade test what consists of a booth which has a 3 phase board , ring circiut , 2 way lighting , emergency light through a key sw , bond 10mm to gas & water , wire a motor , earth tray & trunking , safe isolation , inspection and testing , fault finding / underpinning knowledge [ BS7671 ] Pass this I become a tradseman

Bosun

Just genaral stuff, like be calm, take your time, on the day forget the rest of the world and completely focus on that one thing.

Our job is about being logical, methodical, meticulous. Just remember what you were taught and that they expect you to be a bit nervous.

You're the man.

Yep stay calm dont sit back and then do a lot of cramming the advice I got was do a little at a time because you take it in better
other than that good luck

Good advice,little and often is the key. Be confident but do not be hurried. My missus gave birth to my son with 9 people staring and all in her own time!.....Listen to experience without doubting yourself for having a new or different view. Good luck and remember," ye can take my life,but yer cant take my freedom..!" :joker:

Bosun

Just genaral stuff, like be calm, take your time, on the day forget the rest of the world and completely focus on that one thing.

Our job is about being logical, methodical, meticulous. Just remember what you were taught and that they expect you to be a bit nervous.

You're the man.

Cheers for the advice SPARTYKUS much appreciated.

Known in Scotland as the FICA - final integrated competence assessment.

Really basic warning, but make sure you always follow safe isolation proceedure and make a show of putting the key for your lock-off in your pocket!
It's amazing when concentrating on everything else, this goes by the wayside.
Good luck.

Regards

There may be a limited quantity of tools available and everybody tries the quick stuff first, rather than get involved with that if there is any steel conduit work to do get in early. this will make you feel better young dude. Good Luck.

remember mirror balls are the answer to global warming....

hey mate i passed my fica few months back. with regards to the installation just take one step at a time when in the booth...remember to run two earths for supp bonding instead of just joining the two pipes, keep db neat, terminate them in breakers to specification given in the booth,to keep on top of it all you might want to mark the cables as you go along so no confusion when under pressure (i worked from left side of booth to right side for some reason?) Don't worry as all the answers are there...limited amount of materials (all should be used)...drawings are there, specification, db info etc etc its all there. Just relax, it's not as daunting as people think.
Any other info you need just ask.

Reply to Trade Test in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net