Discuss TradeSkills4U Feedback in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I have just completed my Part P, Inspections and Testing and 17th Ed at Tradeskills4U and having initially had my doubts, these guys are definitely worth every single penny. they are not just there to get their rates up, but to ensure you are well and truly competent. To Steve - thanks for everything.

I have just completed the 13 day multi course, 5 day basic, Part p and then wiring regs. I found the pace quiet intense but I was impressed with the instructors and the facilities.
Yes the tea is awful and parking is a bit of first come first serve but there are parking facilities around the area .
As a recently qualified plumber, NVQ2, I know that even after a 2year course I am not an experienced plumber and that I need to build on my knowledge with pratical experience. It is the same with passing the various exams at Tradeskills I now have the basics to get some experience so I was quite satisfied with the centre and would recommend it to anybody looking to retrain.

I intend to go back to complete some more courses

Last edited by a moderator:
Do it mate you won't regret it, i didn't. Started in January this year finished in August. Although i had a long old trek everyday 120 miles there and back loved every minute. I did 2330 Lv2 & 3, 17th and building regs.

All the tutors are extremely knowledgeable and really help you to understand things you get stuck on.

Definetley gets a thumbs up from me, is a pukka facility, friendly atmosphere, great tutors and was worth every penny!!

Do it mate..

Hi,

I spent 7 months from Jan to Aug 2009 at Tradeskills in Crawley doing 2330 Level 2 followed by Level 3. Along the way they threw in the C&G 17th Edition and the C&G version of the Building Regs (the C&G version of the EAL VRQ).

I just sat my 2391 - results out mid December 09 and I think it went OK. The 2391 is aimed at people with testing experience but I found that straight after the 2330 Level 3 it was not much harder than a level 3 exam.

In total it cost me about 7K GBP but well worth it in my view. The tutors and teaching facilities are excellent - the coffee machine sucks but there is a great cafe-deli around the corner. Several of the staff came from Crawley College - including the ex head of Electrical and it would be hard to find someone better at teaching the regs and electrical science than him.

If you are serious about electrical work then don't do the 10-day course. After 7 months on 2330 I feel competent to tackle installation and inspection & testing, but you could not possibly learn what you need to know in a 10-day course.

Regards,
Fin

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS THREAD IS FOR FEEDBACK RELATING TO THE COMPANY CALLED TRADE SKILLS 4U and NOT THE COMPANY CALLED TRAIN 4 TRADE SKILLS.

I did the 13 day course a while ago now (seee earlier in this thread) and tried to work on a self employed basis. I found the burden of a regular mortgage payment and advertising costs too much so have had to make some changes. First I now do electrics part time aiming at the domestic market. I can work evenings and weekends which is generally liked. I have had to get another full time job which is in lecturing mechanics as it happens. On top of all this I also do some sports coaching. All these together keep my head above water financially but really don't leave me much in the way of free time.
I don't contribute to the forums as much as I would like to but it is difficult. Hopefully I can move my full time job nearer to home which would help but 3 jobs is a handful for most. Add in time for the kids etc.
Suffice to say I am a member of ELECSA and am currently working part time doing domestic electrics. I have not dropped off the face of the earth and hope to contribute more in the future when life calms down a bit.
Thanks

Good for you, Ian, you obviously have a strong work ethic! You may feel knackered most of the time, but be proud of your achievements. I hope things improve for you - I'm sure they will given time. Just keep sight of your ultimate aim, which presumably is to be a full time electrician with a good reputation (and not having to work all hours).

I gave TS4U top marks for their training. Three days and two nights of intensive work but was very structured and the trainer was very good and even helped me out with a tricky installation l was going onto next. Food is either outside with a drive by van or their is a really good burger and bacon butty stand, called Rockets - Bacon and egg sandwich plus cup of tea for £3.30 - bargain. Stayed in the Corner House Hotel single room with a double bed for £35 which was 5 mins drive - double bargain.

which one near leeds are you going to and i will recomend somewhere near

Hi all, after reading about how good the bacon sambo's etc are, im sold! ha, only joking.
Seriously though, has anyone done the one day update 17th edition course? Or has any reactions to it?

Rob

im wanting to do the diamond package with TS4U but im just wondering has anybody actually set up a business and doing well just as a domestic installer, also id much prefer if there was more flexible payment options!

I have trained with tradeskills4u in Crawley. I did the domestic mod 1 course, the 17th edition upgrade also did the part p vrq all in all cost quite a bit. The mod 1 finished with a practical assessment which ran for just over half a day with a class of around 15-20 guys and felt very rushed with only 1 assessor/tutor in the room who obviously found it difficult to attend to everyones needs.
Why the assessment had to finish earlier than the previous days was unclear?
The part p and 17th edition upgrade courses were held in well lit clean office spaces with plenty of seats and good view of projectors.
After that I managed to get myself on the final year of a 2330 at my local college (which I have passed!! :) ) because of my work experience and previous qualifications. The college tutors operated an open workshop policy so allowed me and others unlimited time in the workshop to get to grips with stuff like conduit bending, MI, testing and fault finding so would definitely recommend the college route above any fast track routes available regardless of how professional the business may be.

I did the four week Domestic Installers package with TS4U early last year, I had very little electrical experience before starting so was a little apprehensive. However the trainers were excellent (Steve and Keane) and managed to create a comfortable and relaxed learning environment. Most of the students were very keen to learn so plenty of questions were asked and answered. I managed to pass all the exams and assessments and was delighted with the course and training delivered. I was also very fortunate that there were experienced Sparks on the courses updating their quals, and was lucky enough for one of them to offer me the opportunity to gain experience working with him. I seriously doupt that I would have been able to progress after the course without that opportunity. I have since done the 2391 via my local college and passed first time. For me the course has been a good investment, however the qualification without the experience would not have made me competent. I don't think I would have taken on any work outside of my own house without having spent time with an experienced spark keeping an eye on my work and being there for advice and guidance with the practicalities.

i myself done the 3 day 17th course at crawley a year or to ago, had done 16th and passed but thought it best to revise all again and would say i found ts4u very good
i had Kay teach us and she taught it very well there were some guys with no sparky experience and they flew through the course kay gae a lot of time to explain which is hat is needed

Hi have just joined this forum but have noticed some of the feedback on tradeskills4u i have just completed the new City& Guilds 2399 qualification with TS4U and can honestly say the whole course from begining to end was 1st class the tutor who i started with Terry was friendly open and his delivery was excellent having worked in this industry for nearly 20 years and been on that many training courses over the past ten years i must say these guys were good and can happily recommend the training centre especially the new renewable training centre. Jason Birmingham

Help!!!!!

Bit of a long shot but Can anyone that sat there 1st & 2nd week electrician practicals on the 20th August & 3rd September at the ATL training centre in Featherstone through Train 4 Trade Skills get in touch with me. Its about the information one of our tutors gave us on a 4gb memory stick, had a slight accident with mine and the material on that stick is a big lifeline to the course.

Many Thanks
James Dalby

Morning James,

This is a TradeSkills4U feedback thread so i doubt anyone in here will be able to help you with this. Despite the obvious cross over with names we are two very different companies - have a google :)

Hope you find someone to help you with your USB stick though - it's frustrating when they don't work unless your 'slight accident' means you left it in your jeans pocket and put it in the wash!

Either way best of luck James :)

Take Care

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS THREAD IS FOR FEEDBACK RELATING TO THE COMPANY CALLED TRADE SKILLS 4U and NOT THE COMPANY CALLED TRAIN 4 TRADE SKILLS.

Really great

Course was good vaue for money, I did the bronze course and your tutors made it easy to understand and pass the exams.

I've now been working self employed for over a year and making money and loving it

Thank you

Bill

There's loads of different threads regarding Tradeskills4U, but I thought I'd throw my two pennies worth on here.

Having worked as an installation engineer for about 20 years I wanted to formalise my experience into real qualifications and concentrate on sparky work. I did a lot of research on which qualifications i needed to satisfy the likes of NICEIC etc and shopped about for a course.

Now, there are plenty of people out there who believe that they can do one of these quick courses and start wiring and fault finding. Obviously this isn't the case, but there's nothing preventing anybody, by law, from doing non-notifiable work. I'm pretty certain, from the things i've seen over the years, that there are people operating exactly like that, often doing notifiable work, and just not knowing the law let alone how do safe work. I don't know how on earth anyone expects to be able to control that goings-on, Jo Public has been kept well and truly in the dark about Part P, Notifiable etc, so they don't know what to look for. Maybe the new ESR will have some publicity like the Corgi/GasSafe scheme? But regardless of all that, anyone who attends a course and passes a recognised exam is safer than Mr Avago.

There's no substitute for experience, but the courses at Tradeskills4U are run by experienced and knowledgeable tutors with a wealth of experience in the trade, and nobody ever suggested, whilst i was there, that you could walk out of there and go it alone from day one. Sparky's with NVQ's and apprenticeships under their belt have every reason to feel that these courses offer the inexperienced the opportunity to give sparky's a bad name and undercut them. I was looking around the room myself and thinking "god help us!" about a few of the candidates after some of the questions they asked. But here's the thing, that candidate now knows the answer. They didn't have to come on this course, and until the law is changed or tightened up at least, these courses are probably saving lives. These courses also taught some of the candidates a very important lesson: They have a lot to learn!

Tradeskills4U is a professional outfit, and I was very impressed with the quality and knowledge of the tutors there. The short courses don't offer the practical skills needed to get on with it, and they can't really give much in the way of historic standards and practices that you need in the real world but, they taught me a thing or two and after 20years as an engineer, that came as a surprise.

Hows the fire alrams and emergency course ?
im looking to do one but i want good training .....not just a blagged cert at the end of it ...

Reply to TradeSkills4U Feedback in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock