Discuss Train 4 Trade Skills in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Hey

I just sign up the Full Scope Electrical Installer course with T4tradeSkills and start it straight away, but the adviser didnt metion to me that to become electrician or to achive the NVQ level 3 I have to be employed in the electrical area and I will need 2 years on site experience as electrician to be able to apply for the JIB :-((. I ask him lot of question before I sign the paper, but as all seller they just want to sale and he did. So it will cost me £5.700 but luckly it is split in 42 months wich will be £135.00 every month.

So far I enjoyed the books and the software, I give more information soon

Hi, thanks for replying.

I also just signed up about a month ago to the same course as sparkyBH above $5700 $135/month (sorry pound sign dont work) and have completed the first folder TMA1 - 8 and scenario cd it all looks really good. now im waiting for the next part of the course which the college are waiting for from the printers ?? as im unemployed with 3 kids and mrs to support ive not got forever and my salesman course rep told me its spread over 4 years interest free 135 per month but he said i could complete the Full Scope within 12 months. I know it aint gonna happen overnight and i dont want to go out there unless i know what im doing but ive rewired a few houses in my time and built extensions etc so its not all new to me just the technical side. What area are you from sparkyBH ??

cheers

just signed up to the train 4 trades course, the sales guy was the usual smooth slick talker but my instincts are tellin me it is all above board. i looked for courses for a long time to qualify me. as im 27 with a full time job and family this is the only way i can qualify to a NVQ level 3, luckily i am already a JIB electrical labourer so getting the assesments at work should be ok,however i am still worried i may have blown 6 grand but who wouldnt be

just signed up to the train 4 trades course, the sales guy was the usual smooth slick talker but my instincts are tellin me it is all above board. i looked for courses for a long time to qualify me. as im 27 with a full time job and family this is the only way i can qualify to a NVQ level 3, luckily i am already a JIB electrical labourer so getting the assesments at work should be ok,however i am still worried i may have blown 6 grand but who wouldnt be
Train 4 Trade Skills {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, thanks for replying.

I also just signed up about a month ago to the same course as sparkyBH above $5700 $135/month (sorry pound sign dont work) and have completed the first folder TMA1 - 8 and scenario cd it all looks really good. now im waiting for the next part of the course which the college are waiting for from the printers ?? as im unemployed with 3 kids and mrs to support ive not got forever and my salesman course rep told me its spread over 4 years interest free 135 per month but he said i could complete the Full Scope within 12 months. I know it aint gonna happen overnight and i dont want to go out there unless i know what im doing but ive rewired a few houses in my time and built extensions etc so its not all new to me just the technical side. What area are you from sparkyBH ??

cheers

That's all good,

as long as your 100% sure in your own head (and wallet)
that you can complete the course,
get your head stuck into all the books you can & ask questions.
good luck for the future :D

im in north east, fortunately i work for an electrical contracting company so i suppose i have a head start, i think the hard bit wil be the understanding of electricity itself

im in north east, fortunately i work for an electrical contracting company so i suppose i have a head start, i think the hard bit wil be the understanding of electricity itself

Like I said, ask questions to gain a better understanding,
if the company you work for has an engineer pick his or her brain :)

Hey

I just sign up the Full Scope Electrical Installer course with T4tradeSkills and start it straight away, but the adviser didnt metion to me that to become electrician or to achive the NVQ level 3 I have to be employed in the electrical area and I will need 2 years on site experience as electrician to be able to apply for the JIB :-((. I ask him lot of question before I sign the paper, but as all seller they just want to sale and he did. So it will cost me £5.700 but luckly it is split in 42 months wich will be £135.00 every month.

So far I enjoyed the books and the software, I give more information soon

I am considering the same course but i didnt realise that you needed 2 years on site experience and employment . My advisor said i would be fully qualified and able to work straight away after the course duration. Is this not true.....?

I am considering the same course but i didnt realise that you needed 2 years on site experience and employment . My advisor said i would be fully qualified and able to work straight away after the course duration. Is this not true.....?
They'll tell you whatever mate to part with your money and to get a sale:eek:

Did you have an advisor interview you aswell then pal? or just know this from experience?

So basically i should get an employer first and then start the course? Im guessin your in the know mate and i just need some decent advice :confused:

cheers pal

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you have an advisor interview you aswell then pal? or just know this from experience?

So basically i should get an employer first and then start the course? Im guessin your in the know mate and i just need some decent advice :confused:

cheers pal

I would mate,
qualifications without experience isn't worth a carrot,
especially in today's market.

HEY ALL

ive been doing this course now for a few months .......i was told i HAD to do the domestic installer before moving on to the full scope .....so thats just under 4k im out of pocket for a start......course going ok ..done tma's 1-8 just got back the book containing 9-11....before first 2 weeks practical training.....

had had some concerns regarding the qualification suitability to emplouyment but i se a few people have said its all good so my mind is at rest now ....

has anyone doing this course been to do their practical tests yet any pointers on what to expect once im there........

ie how long after completeion of the nessesary tma's is it until u actually go into the centre .....

also is lutpon really the only training centre ? isnt the one in the midlands or anything?.......

Hi, I too have just finished 1-8 modules, and so far so good. This thread has flagged up some bad salesmen, but the guy who signed me up seemed on the money. Told me everything i needed to know, and wasn't pushy, obviously some cheesey sales pitches, but he even gave me 48 hours to think about it. I'm ok with it. I'll be in Leeds for my practical, is that easier for you or are stuck in the middle of nowhere ? As for getting employment, i would be happy to gain employment and experience before risking myself and the public, you can read all the books in the world but without hands on experience and mistakes, you'll never been good at what you want to do. Patience is the key. Good luck with it.

I'm fully signed up with Train4Trade Skills Full Scope Course, they've got my money and I've studied up to Module 18 and passed a few exams particularly the 2377 and 2382.
So... having said that I believe I have the right to say the following, DON'T GO THERE!
The modules are complete rubbish, really just badly plagiarised from other published books (T4T Skills, if I'm lying sue me!)
The training is totally half-baked, there's not enough tutors paying attention, no preparation for what you're about to do, you're pretty much left on your own to do what you want.
The time wasting on the practical weeks is appalling! You turn up on a Monday and the tutors don't even know what they're supposed to be doing.
In weeks 3 & 4 we spent 2 days just bending pipe and sawing metal... Why????? I kept asking and asking what was going on and how this was supposed to be preparing me to go to work... nobody had an answer.
We complained en-masse and even wrote a group letter, nothing got done or changed.
By trial and error I found out that to be a Domestic Installer (which is all I really wanted) all I had to do was pass the 2382, which I could have done with Brian Scadden or elsewhere for about £500 NOT £5500 which is what I'll end up paying.
As for books, the only one you need (and it's far better than any of the course material) is 'The Part P Doctor' by Alan Lynch.
The selling is slick, all they want is your signature, because they get their money upfront and your left to deal with some finance company, so no hope of a refund there then.
So once again, please, please, please do not go to Train4Trade Skills. The End.

oh no youll be qualified and youll be able to work .. but u lookinmg at working for yaself because u wont have any experience rock and a hard place

Anyone been on a course by the above. Any feedback greatfully appreciated

cheers

Hi im just doing pre attendance test online,going ok,ready to do first pratical week,let u kno ow that goes,lol

Anyone have problems with scenario cd?have completed it all once and now want let me inspect anything,anyone else having same problems?

I'm fully signed up with Train4Trade Skills Full Scope Course, they've got my money and I've studied up to Module 18 and passed a few exams particularly the 2377 and 2382.
So... having said that I believe I have the right to say the following, DON'T GO THERE!
The modules are complete rubbish, really just badly plagiarised from other published books (T4T Skills, if I'm lying sue me!)
The training is totally half-baked, there's not enough tutors paying attention, no preparation for what you're about to do, you're pretty much left on your own to do what you want.
The time wasting on the practical weeks is appalling! You turn up on a Monday and the tutors don't even know what they're supposed to be doing.
In weeks 3 & 4 we spent 2 days just bending pipe and sawing metal... Why????? I kept asking and asking what was going on and how this was supposed to be preparing me to go to work... nobody had an answer.
We complained en-masse and even wrote a group letter, nothing got done or changed.
By trial and error I found out that to be a Domestic Installer (which is all I really wanted) all I had to do was pass the 2382, which I could have done with Brian Scadden or elsewhere for about £500 NOT £5500 which is what I'll end up paying.
As for books, the only one you need (and it's far better than any of the course material) is 'The Part P Doctor' by Alan Lynch.
The selling is slick, all they want is your signature, because they get their money upfront and your left to deal with some finance company, so no hope of a refund there then.
So once again, please, please, please do not go to Train4Trade Skills. The End.

That's put my mind at complete rest! I'm so glad I found this and other answers. Had one of their sales advisor guys round mid week, and I'm sure it wasn't just wires he was tripping on. Diss-heartened but then again I would be more so having signed up!

Reply to Train 4 Trade Skills in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock