Discuss Trainee electrician, electrician mate in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hello, i am struggling with something. First of all my name is Yani Hristov, i am 27 years old and I am from Bulgaria. I am working as a production operative, but i want to work something similar to the degree I have from Bulgaria its bachelor's in electronics engineering. So I've started courses in national vocational qualification in electrical installations level 2 including wiring regulations latest edition, inspection and testing too. I gave my degree to naric to compare it to the UK education system and I'm waiting. Basically I want to work in CCTV and fire alarm installations, but can do with domestic wiring too. My point is can i find a job as a mate atleast with those certificates and with the degree from naric to get in the industry? I have 3 years of engineering experience in my country, repaired domestic appliances, installed air conditions, fixed mobile phones, laptops and PCs. Can read wiring diagrams, schematic drawings and technical information. Have full UK driving license, knowledge in use of power tools and measuring equipment. Thank you very much!

Sounds like you are over qualified for a humble electrician job. Why aren't you aiming higher with those qualification? Maybe working for a DNO might be more suited with your skills. I think @julie has or did do that sort of work maybe she might advise you more on such a route. Also it might be helpful to indicate what region of the UK you are in and/or where you could travel to???

As above, I would take advantage of your degree in electronics to be honest, rather than aiming at installing CCTV cameras.

I'm located in Doncaster, South Yorkshire. Well, I don't know really mate, when I came i started to ask in colleges, ring on them and started to read around forums, and as I understood I needed to get and UK qualification, because most people wrote that most of the employers don't care if you have a degree from abroad.
[automerge]1598474533[/automerge]
As above, I would take advantage of your degree in electronics to be honest, rather than aiming at installing CCTV cameras.
I just need to start from somewhere because as I read most of the employers don't look good at
Sounds like you are over qualified for a humble electrician job. Why aren't you aiming higher with those qualification? Maybe working for a DNO might be more suited with your skills. I think @julie has or did do that sort of work maybe she might advise you more on such a route. Also it might be helpful to indicate what region of the UK you are in and/or where you could travel to???
I want to start as a mate, because to get i the industry here in the UK. That's why mate.

Last edited:

Reply to Trainee electrician, electrician mate in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock