Discuss Trainging to become an electrician at 26 years old in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

At 26 your relatively young, lots of people retrain in their 30's and 40's you can either fund a private course at one of hundreds of training companies or attend a local college course if you have not taken much in the way of college courses previously then learn direct can help with support for fees etc the college route is longer but normally allows you to work while doing the course.

Mate, I wouldnt worry. I was 29 when I started my 2330 Level 2 last September. Although learning at a later age is a struggle - its been 10 years since I was last at college - Im managing.
My 202 exam is Tuesday and the 203 is the Tuesday after. Ive passed my 201 and practical so Im hoping the next one (202) is a pass too!

If not, Ill be swinging from the rafters by some 2.5 twin & earth!

I'm 29 now mate & i've just got the chance to retrain to be a sparky wouldn't worry mate it's the best decision i've made.

I must be the oldest trainee in town then!

Made redundant from an electronics job after working there 20+ years at the age of 43. Did the 2360 part 1 during my last year of working, and got lucky being taken on by a local firm. Did the part 2, was given time off and got paid for it, and followed up with 2391 - paid for by the company.

So age is NOT a barrier. My employer makes a point of going for older guys anyway, as he feels they will "probably" stay longer than younger ones. There isn't a big turnover in employyes, so I guess they are doing something right somewhere!

Reply to Trainging to become an electrician at 26 years old in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock