Discuss training advice needed in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

david25113051

Hi all i am after some advice on currant course i should be looking at

i have no electrical qualifications i have just done a basic electrical course with British gas and im looking at what courses i need to do next as i would like to do this full time

i am looking at doing 2 course at my local collage now i done this basic one

IEE Wiring Regulations 17th Edition City and Guilds 2382

then do

City and Guilds 2392 Fundamental Inspection Testing and Initial Verification

i currently working on a maintenance team so once i do more course i will get experiences as i will be doing more electrical work what i need to know
is if i do the above course what will they actually teach me and as far as beeing qualified how much more would i need to do , and am i doing the above course in the correct order

kind regards

The 2392 will contain questions based on BS 7671, so doing the 2382 first is essential.
Have you considered going to college part time for a few years or are you trying the qualification + experience route? If you are working in the commercial/industrial sector then you wont get enough training with just these courses.

yes the 2 courses our both night time courses part-time for 10 weeks each i am trying the qualification route only as i know i wont get much or any experiences in my currant job as i am working in the industrial sector as a maintenance operator which is 99% mechanical and 1% electrical ( if they even let us touch it ) changing the light bulb is about the most they allow us

The 2392 will contain questions based on BS 7671, so doing the 2382 first is essential.
Have you considered going to college part time for a few years or are you trying the qualification + experience route? If you are working in the commercial/industrial sector then you wont get enough training with just these courses.
OK. I will admit here n now that I did sit the 2392 then did the 2391....but I would encourage anyone who studdies GN3 and 17th etc to skip the 2392 and just head for 2391 land as its THAT course/cert that will open the door.........together with all the other stuff of course......

Reply to training advice needed in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net