Discuss Training Advice Wanted in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

E

electricpawn

Hi Everyone.

I would like some advice about training to become a ' fully qualified electrician'

I understand that there is a City and Guilds 2330 Level 1 and also the C & G 2330 Level 2 Courses which seem to be far better than any intensive course as Rome wasnt built in a day and becoming an electrician takes time and experience.

Also i have heard about NVQ level 2 and 3..what are they ?

Then i understand that we are now on the 17th Edition of Wiring Regulations.

I already have a C&G 200 in Electrical Engineering which i got over 10 years ago and also have an electronics background and experience with alarms so i am not completely new to this but do realise that i still have quite a bit to learn before i can call myself a sparky.

What is my best route ( maybe not the fastest ) to properly learn theoretical and practical to enable me to do a safe and proper job and to get qualiified ?

I also have done the CSCS exam.

C&G 2330 level 2 takes 2 years (1 day or 2 evenings a week) there are 2 multiple guess exams at the end of the first year, then 2 multiple guess and a practical exam at the end of the second year.
C&G 2330 level 3 takes a year (1 day a week) then at the end of that there is a multiple guess exams, 2 written exams and 2 practical exams (fault finding and inspection and testing).

The NVQ3 involves filling in a diary of work you've done onsite so you need to be working in the industry, but you can finish that at any time.

I think after that you have to do the AM2 which is a practical exam, then the 17th edition exam which doesn't take that long.

When you've done all that the JIB will call you an electrician, and you can even buy a card off them that says so!

You need to do the City & Guilds 2330 Level 2 and 3 3years in total or fast track 2 years
NVQ Electotechnical City & Guilds 2356 Level 3 not the 2 as it is not acceptable in England and is worthless anyway.
AM2 test.
Apply for JIB card for Electrician

You then can do City & Guilds 2382 17th Edition course and City & Guilds 2392 or 2391 Inspection and testing.

Electricpawn, welcome, go on to Premier Training in Leeds, there web site, they are a really good outfit, and they have prices and info..

Reply to Training Advice Wanted in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock