Discuss Training I no nought! and want advice about the fast track courses please. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

penelope54

Hi there,

This is kinda scary writing this but here goes!!
The fast Track Training i.e 3-4week electrical courses which say you can become qualified are they any good? Im not looking to do this full-time, just for my own home and family (long story why!!)
Ive done short courses in the past, completely different trade, but been very happy with my result and qualification. I ask your advice because I work full -time and have kids, so this training process suits me!

many thanks for your time.

:0)

If it's a 4 week course then I'd be wary, stick to the 5 week versions, that last week is where you learn what took the rest of us 6 years.........

They are not liked anywhere but if purely for you own home it would put you one stead up from DIY and learn you the risks etc but dont fall for all the claims .... 3-4yrs is the usual way so consider that when you wonder why and how they can do it in 3-4 weeks - exactly what are you paying all that money for?

If you do go this route - you will struggle to get a job with any company, you will quickly feel and tbh be out of your depth if you go it alone - invest the money in an Electrician to do the work instead.

Reply to Training I no nought! and want advice about the fast track courses please. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi to everyone, this is my first post so if is been already asked/answered please guide me to the relevant discussion/thread. I don't know...
Replies
Views
Good avo people, As the title states; I know I'm going to be the victim of negativity and stone throwing here but I would be extremely grateful if...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, New to the forum so please excuse any stupid questions which may come below. Sorry if this is long winded but I want to give a good...
Replies
Views
Good evening ladies and gents, I'm an adult of 27 who is finally taking the plunge into the electrical industry, and from what i can see have a...
Replies
Views
18th Edition Training Course - Online with Offline Final Exam Level 3 Award in the Requirements for Electrical Installations BS 7671: 2018...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 26818
D

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock